Another Race-based Show Trial Turns Into Farce

Geee

another_race-based_show_trial_turns_into_farce.htmlAmerican Thinker:

1.The Sound of Wet Grass: Black Racists' War on Black Women

The Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman case has come to trial this week and the best thing that's been said about it is from Thomas Maguire: "I'm proud to say I live in a country where the show trials look more like an SNL [saturday Night Live] skit."

You probably won't know that if your source of information about the trial is the mainstream media and if your lifestyle doesn't permit you to sit in front of the TV for hours watching the trial. Instead, go to Legal Insurrection, a blog site run by Clinical Law Professor William A. Jacobson, where a defense counsel, Andrew Branca, has been summarizing the trial day by day with video snippets to illustrate his points, or Talk Left where Jeralyn Merritt , a noted defense counsel, has been dissecting this nothingburger of a case.

As the Friday hearing drew to a close, Branca reported the effective end of the prosecution's misbegotten case:

A neighbor, John Good, who witnessed the fight between Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman has just devastated the State's case, testifying that he saw the fight between the two, that Trayvon was on top punching Mixed Martial Arts style, and that the scream must have come from Zimmerman because Zimmerman was on the bottom and Trayvon was faced away from the witness.Scissors-32x32.png

@Geee

One of the many things I don't understand is why some stories become "important" national stories, and others don't. At its heart it is "just" a murder trial, yet for some reason it has grabbed the attention of the nation, and people are reading into it all sorts of things.

@Valin

So many time I hear news casts say that a certain story has 'captured the nation' or something similar. The story never captured anyone but the media. They hammer something over and over at us till it becomes news - many times its something that we really don't give a d**** about, but they shove it down our throats!! I wouldn't mind if it was something we should care about and they are trying to get us to pay attention, but most of the time it just mindless trash.

clearvision

Not sure why main networks are covering it wall to wall, but one thing that bumped it up was our President jumping in the fray "if I had a son he would look like my son". Also Sharpton and his bunch jumped in and pumped it up too.

If Zimmerman was black no one would have paid any attention to this case, there probably wouldn't have been charges filed

@Valin

So many time I hear news casts say that a certain story has 'captured the nation' or something similar. The story never captured anyone but the media. They hammer something over and over at us till it becomes news - many times its something that we really don't give a d**** about, but they shove it down our throats!! I wouldn't mind if it was something we should care about and they are trying to get us to pay attention, but most of the time it just mindless trash.

• Like 1