American Geophysical Union Scraps Science, Now Faith Based

Geee

american_geophysical_union_scraps_science_now_faith_based.htmlAmerican Thinker:

I recently attended a 3-day science policy conference sponsored by the American Geophysical Union (AGU). The AGU is an association of 62,000 scientists who study the Earth. Although the conference was allegedly about science policy, it resembled a cross between a Scientology rally and a workshop for lobbyists from the Mohair Council of America.

The euphemisms for lobbying by people who aren't supposed to be lobbying are "communication" and "outreach." The AGU believes, in a secular way, that God is on their side and the reason why they are being ignored, and not being given enough money, is that they haven't done enough communicating. They think that if only the government understood the importance of their work, things would change for the better. It absolutely never crosses their mind that if the government and the people understood what they are really doing, their money might be cut off.

PIC RIGHT

What they are doing is howling at the moon that the sky is falling. The president of the AGU, Carol Finn, who, incidentally, is employed by the federal government, opened the lobbying/communications workshop on the first day of the conference with this:

AGU's mission is to promote discovery ... for the benefit of humanity[.] ... I live in Colorado[.] ... [L]ast week's Black Forest fire ... was the worst wildfire in Colorado's history[.] ... I live in Boulder County[.] ... [T]he county and the city of Longmont have just outlawed fracking[.] ... [A]ll these communities need to be able to try to figure out how to balance energy development and putting drill rigs next to schools[.]Scissors-32x32.png

@Geee

I live in Boulder County[.] ... [T]he county and the city of Longmont have just outlawed fracking[.]

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/06/american_geophysical_union_scraps_science_now_faith_based.html#ixzz2Xe1kr5Gk
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

From that great movie Animal House

"I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part. Bluto: We're just the guys to do it."

No Fracking in Bolder! That'll show those evil oil barons!

Dear Dr. Finn

What is the climate we should be trying to achieve? If we are going to reverse the effects of human caused climate change I believe we should have a goal set so that we know how close or far we are from the ideal climate.