Copperhead

Geee

copperhead.htmlAmerican Thinker:

It's a miracle! A fascinating and compelling movie whose plot is driven by the protagonist's fidelity to the Constitution. (In fact there were more mentions of the Constitution than any other movie I have ever seen.) You have never seen a movie like Copperhead, and you ought to take the opportunity to see it on a big screen if you live in one of the forty-some cities where it is opening today. But even if you don't, it is available today via all on-demand platforms, which is a great strategy to reach the widely dispersed audience that would appreciate this movie and have access to on-demand via cable, satellite, or the internet.

The story covers several months starting in the spring of 1862, as the Civil War began to felt in upstate New York, where dairy farmer Abner Beech holds a very politically incorrect view for his time and place: he is a so-called Copperhead who believes that the war was unwise, that President Lincoln has violated the Constitution in his conduct of the war, and the Confederacy should be allowed to go its own way or reunite with the Union, as it wishes.

Far from being a racist indifferent to slavery, Beech deplores it, and the viewer discovers that he has been secretly part of the Underground Railroad funneling fugitive slaves to Canada. The neighbors that react negatively to his stance have no clue as to his beliefs, and the abuse he endures is in the end tragic in unexpected ways. I won't spoil the plot, but it is the very opposite of a preachy, talky movie about politics. The characters have depth, the acting and directing are terrific, and the plot moves forward in a completely logical and compelling manner. There is romance, conflict, violence, and much more.Scissors-32x32.png

But you can also watch it on On-Demand via cable, sateliite, or the internet, if you have any of those options.

But you can also watch it on On-Demand via cable, sateliite, or the internet, if you have any of those options.

Oh good, I'll let her know!!

Oh good, I'll let her know!!

I thought KeepTheRepublic was a web site. biggrin.png I like her change of name. smile.png

KeepTheRepublic was her name at FR and WA. She changed it to FreeTheRepublic. She is also from Wisconsin and has a Wisconsin thread at FR. It is mostly the only time I ever go to FR, about once a month or so, but we do send PM by Email occasionally.

@nickydog @Valin Unfortunately, it is not being shown in a lot of theatres. KeepTheRepublic (Now FreeTheRepublic) sent me this link to request that it be shown in your area:

http://copperhead.demandthemovie.com/?referral=98b182ce

I am not surprised. No car chases, no deeply conflicted studly vampires, no super hero's. So of no interest to the prime movie going public.

I could go on and on and on and on for 12-15 days if you want.

Probably do well with DVD/netflix sales. I just hope it's better than Gods and Generals, which except for a bad screen play, wooden acting, and trying to do to much was a 2st rate marvelous movie. (do yourself a huge favor read the book...in fact read all 3 Gods and Generals, The Killer Angels, The Last Full Measure.

Now lets see a movie about the Pro-Unionists in the South

KeepTheRepublic was her name at FR and WA. She changed it to FreeTheRepublic. She is also from Wisconsin and has a Wisconsin thread at FR. It is mostly the only time I ever go to FR, about once a month or so, but we do send PM by Email occasionally.

i was over there the other day. It has not gotten any better. sad.png

It is all too too bad and gives the rest of us a bad name to bootsad.png

It is all too too bad and gives the rest of us a bad name to boot:(

I think it might be the anonymity of the internet. It's not just TOS or the Right. Lot of ignorant people out there.

I think it might be the anonymity of the internet. It's not just TOS or the Right. Lot of ignorant people out there.

Ya, but I feel so much better when the ignorant people show up on Huffington etc etc!

• Like 1

Ya, but I feel so much better when the ignorant people show up on Huffington etc etc!

I expect it from The Left, what surprises me is when I don't see it from them. It is disappointing when I see it on our side. I hold us up to a higher standard.

• Like 1