A Few Minutes with Robert Bryce

Valin

a-few-minutes-with-robert-bryce.phpPower Line:

Steven Hayward

6/27/13

On Tuesday I got to sit down for a short conversation with my favorite energy guy, Robert Bryce of the Manhattan Institute, author of several fine books on the subject of energy, and my occasional debate partner from a while back. I explain briefly in the video below how we came to be together in Marin County, of all places, where there wasnt much sunshine for the local solar panels. I have Robert walk through some basics about energy, such as scale, density, and the severe limitations of most renewable energy sources.....(Snip)

On a related note....

Europe Can’t Even Get Brown Energy Right

6/27/13

Europe’s green policies have been an unmitigated disaster. The continent is having second thoughts on its misguided green policies, and it’s not hard to see why. By propping up uncompetitive solar and wind projects, Europe has driven prices up and driven energy-intensive industry away towards shale-flush America. By refusing to embrace the shale revolution, Europe has become the world’s top consumer of cheap and very dirty American coal. Now we’re finding out that European energy policy is a failure when it comes to oil as well.