Obama: I won’t make churches conduct gay marriages

Geee

2532418Washington Examiner:

President Obama, in his statement hailing the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn the Defense of Marriage Act, promised that he wouldn’t try to force religious institutions to conduct gay marriages.

“On an issue as sensitive as this, knowing that Americans hold a wide range of views based on deeply held beliefs, maintaining our nation’s commitment to religious freedom is also vital,” Obama said. “How religious institutions define and consecrate marriage has always been up to those institutions. Nothing about this decision — which applies only to civil marriages — changes that.”

Here’s guessing that the Roman Catholics and other religious groups that are in the midst of fighting the contraception mandate are skeptical of that pledge.Scissors-32x32.png

" I WON"T" !!!!!!!!!!!!! I,I,I,I............ Like it's up to him??????? One of these left left gays will take this to the courts. Does he not realize this??? It's not up to him. What an ego!! angry.png

I read the article and no where in there could I find the words the headline and first paragraph declared he said.

Can believe he said it, but it isn't in the article...unless I missed it.

Is this to what they refer?

Obama said. “How religious institutions define and consecrate marriage has always been up to those institutions. Nothing about this decision — which applies only to civil marriages — changes that.”

So on the marriages that aren't "civil marriages" can conduct only those they want.

but

redefine the word and meaning and then he sweeps in as supreme being/king/etc., and makes churches perform them under a new name.

Gave myself a headache.

clearvision

This is the same guy who said 2 years ago:

"I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage."

• Like 1

This is the same guy who said 2 years ago:

"I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage."

Nothing about this decision — which applies only to civil marriages — changes that.”

Word parsing from the fork tongued man.

He will bide his time until the current IRS scandal blows over. Then he will use the IRS to use their all too familiar strong-arm tactics with churches' tax-exempt status. I can hear it now. "Perform the same sex ceremonies or lose the tax-exempt status."

What a hypocrite.