Why Yes Elections Do Have Consequences

Valin

21745-why-yes-elections-do-have-consequences.htmlTrue North:

Andy Aplikowski

6/26/13

For those of you who thought Norm Coleman was just another damn Democrat, Al Franken was the 60 vote to break the filibuster on Obamacare.

And now the Obama Supreme Court has decided the Defense of Marriage Act is unconstitutional thanks to the liberals on the court who were approved by Senators Klobuchar and Franken.

We are a Republic which means we have to send the best person to do the job but they have to be able to win. That means you wont be 100% happy with them. This isnt a debate society utopia folks, this is the real world with devastating consequences when fickle people through fits and tantrums over fractional differences with in the GOP. Meanwhile a billion dollar election machine is turning out victories in order to install a generational, if not permanent, majority of dependents on Government.

(Snip)

Not that the 100%ers will pay the slightest attention.

I don't want no RINOs... I got my principles and will ride them down with the ship. /s

It would be IMO a very good thing if we (on the right) were to take that term and bury it in the ground. At one time RINO meant something, lately it has come to mean a Republican who I disagree with, or has voted the "wrong way" on a bill that is important to me. There is a reason why we have two words Ideology & Politics.

The sad fact is in the vast majority of elections we must hold our nose and vote for the lessor of two evils. People must also realize that Maine is not Mississippi. What passes for a hard core Conservative in Maine would probably be a moderate in Mississippi.

Alas you and I have seen way too many people say "I got my principles and will ride them down with the ship." and say that seriously.

• Like 2