The Progressive Lynch Mob Claims Another Victim

Geee

the-progressive-lynch-mob-claims-another-victim Page Magazine:

Celebrity chef Paula Deen is a Georgia-based restaurateur, a self-made woman and national celebrity who has published fourteen cookbooks and hosted popular TV cooking shows on the Food Network for more than a decade. Known for her gregarious personality and folksy southern charm, Deen has performed charity work on behalf of poor people and minorities across the United States. She has donated massive quantities of food, money, and time to Second Harvest, an organization that distributes grocery products to the poor. She has given large donations to, and held fundraisers for, Blessings in a Backpack—a program that feeds elementary-school children from low-income families. This year she created the Bag Lady Foundation to help women and children in financial need. In each of these cases, a substantial percentage of the beneficiaries of Deen’s generosity have been African Americans. But thanks to a malicious law-suit, Deen’s irrepressible candor, and a nation-wide vilification campaign conducted by a civil rights lynch mob, she has been tarred and feathered as a “racist.” As a result, she is out of a job and out of pocket many millions of dollars in business revenues lost.Scissors-32x32.png

I've never been a big Paula Deen fan but she doesn't deserve all of this flak, good grief look at her age and the time she grew up in and how long ago she used the word that can ruin your life

@cudjo @Pepper. I am also no Paula fan, but this is completely ridiculous. If they are going to hold people accountable for youthful transgressions, I know a couple of residents who smoked dope and if you want to make it racial, how about the congressmen who were KKK members????

• Like 2

@Pepper

"I've never said or even thought the 'N' word... As a matter of fact, I don't know what it means.

Nor have I ever said 'colored' or 'boy' and I have never tasted fried chicken.

Does this mean that my IRS audit might be cancelled now?"

• Like 1

@Pepper

"I've never said or even thought the 'N' word... As a matter of fact, I don't know what it means.

Nope - NSA told me you eat watermelon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Pepper

Nope - NSA told me you eat watermelon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Geee

The NSA's pervasiveness is amazing... They picked up on my license plate right away!

nc2009watermelon.jpg

• Like 2

righteousmomma

As a proud NCGATexan I have always been a bit offended at Paula Deen's caricature of us Southern Belles. Her raucous laugh and purposely over use of "y'all" always has grated in my nerves.

At the same time though I have always tremendously admired her self made success and tremendous hard work. I totally disagree with her support of liberal Democrat politics.

So having said that this whole episode is 100 % hypocritical and loudly proclaims the double standard of the left that is being accepted as " normal" by half the Country.

Makes me sick, y'all.

• Like 1

As a proud NCGATexan I have always been a bit offended at Paula Deen's caricature of us Southern Belles. Her raucous laugh and purposely over use of "y'all" always has grated in my nerves.

At the same time though I have always tremendously admired her self made success and tremendous hard work. I totally disagree with her support of liberal Democrat politics.

So having said that this whole episode is 100 % hypocritical and loudly proclaims the double standard of the left that is being accepted as " normal" by half the Country.

Makes me sick, y'all.

Free speech s no longer a right in this country, unless it is 'proper' speech. I bristle at hearing that word, but I also bristle at the F word. She would have been better off saying that on her show - it would have been forgiven. If she had said she had a late term abortion 30 years ago - she not only would have been forgiven, but exalted. Smoked dope - no biggie.

• Like 1

righteousmomma

True dat, Geee.

Btw, got to worrying about using the phrase "true dat" which I have known about for at least 30 years and always assumed it was a New Orleans originated expression due to the peculiar Creole or Cajun dialects and accents found there.

I thought the race word police might take offense. Lo and behold I found that "true dat" is an expression used in New Orleans newspapers but it also has been used in a song or group and in a South Park episode. The urban dictionery has confiscated it and says it is the reverse of "That is true". So guess its ok to keep using it.

While I am typing this Trayvon's teen friend is testifying and she does not believe that Trayvon's descriptive: phrase calling Zimmerman "a creepy ass cracker" is racist!.

True dat, Geee.

Btw, got to worrying about using the phrase "true dat" which I have known about for at least 30 years and always assumed it was a New Orleans originated expression due to the peculiar Creole or Cajun dialects and accents found there.

I thought the race word police might take offense. Lo and behold I found that "true dat" is an expression used in New Orleans newspapers but it also has been used in a song or group and in a South Park episode. The urban dictionery has confiscated it and says it is the reverse of "That is true". So guess its ok to keep using it.

While I am typing this Trayvon's teen friend is testifying and she does not believe that Trayvon's descriptive: phrase calling Zimmerman "a creepy ass cracker" is racist!.

Saw the Trayvon cracker testimony. Apparently only words and phrases used by us 'crackers' are racist. A note on the testimony. How anyone could convict on the testimony of this clueless young lady is beyond me, but we live in another world now so anything goes.

• Like 1

True dat, Geee.

And she can't read either, @righteousmomma

• Like 1

True dat, Geee.

And she can't read either, @righteousmomma

Can't read 'cursive'????blink.png

• Like 1

clearvision

'creepy-ass cracker'

My bad. I guess I made it racial by throwing in the white instead of ass.

That's what I didn't understand. She wrote it but couldn't read it because it was in cursive is what they said in court???????

@Geee

After seeing and hearing the "witless" witness for a few minutes...

I'm pretty sure that no one (including the writer) would be able to read anything that she wrote... be it cursive or block letters.

Her statement was apparently written by a friend who can read and write, that's why she could not read it backblink.png