Obama mocks skeptics of climate change as ‘flat-Earth society’

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

307655-obama-we-dont-have-time-for-a-meeting-of-the-flat-earth-society#ixzz2XFsQ5mgHThe Hill:

President Obama angrily blasted climate change skeptics during his energy policy speech Tuesday at Georgetown University, saying he lacked "patience for anyone who denies that this problem is real."

"We don't have time for a meeting of the flat-Earth society," Obama said. "Sticking your head in the sand might make you feel safer, but it's not going to protect you from the coming storm."

Earlier in his remarks, Obama said the "overwhelming judgement of science, of chemistry, of physics, and millions of measurements" put "to rest" questions about pollution affecting the environment.

"The planet is warming. Human activity is contributing to it," Obama said.

"We know that the costs of these events can be measured in lost lives and lost livelihoods."

The president noted that the two warmest years in recorded history have all come within the last 15 years, and said that rising temperatures were increasing the severity and impact of storms.

He noted that rising tide levels in New York increased the impact of Hurricane Sandy, while record temperatures killed crops and increased food prices in the Midwest.

“In a world that's warmer than it used to be, all weather events are affected by the warming planet,” Obama said.

"Those who are feeling the effects of climate change don't have time to deny it — they're busy dealing with it."

________

It's happening because he says it is. Don't bother him with actual science!

righteousmomma

We just warmed up the planet and created a hot spot in Raleigh, NC after reading this . Made both our blood pressures boil.

What is the climate we are suppose to be trying to achieve? It just seems to me that there should be some sort of goal we should be aiming for.

Given that i r not a licensed certified smart guy, maybe my question in irrelevant.

He just has to get everyone talking about something besides IRS, Bengazi, snooping and all the other junk going on.

clearvision

Well I don't believe the earth has warmed in 15 years. I do believe it has warmed in the last 100 years, but man's contribution is small. If I am wrong and we do somehow warm up the earth a degree or so I think for the most part the planet will be better off than if we go down a degree or two.

So I guess this is how I view the world....

Whirled_Map.jpg

I've never seen such a repulsive president, he sounds like a spoiled child always mocking and acting like he's the only one that knows anything

• Like 2

We just warmed up the planet and created a hot spot in Raleigh, NC after reading this . Made both our blood pressures boil.

gallery_42_26_20225.jpg

Flat, is relative!

• Like 3