TIMELINE: SNOWDEN'S COLLABORATION WITH LEFT-WING REPORTERS

Geee

Snowden-Timeline-RevealedBreitbart:

The events that led to the publication of claims about the NSA by Edward Snowden have become clearer with Snowden's admission that he intentionally took a job at NSA contractor Booz Allen Hamilton for the express purpose of gathering information about U.S. surveillance programs.

Although the accusations were originally published by left-wing, anti-military activist journalist Glenn Greenwald on June 5th, Snowden had been working with Greenwald and leftist filmmaker Laura Poitras for months prior to publication.

According to an interview with Poitras in Salon, Snowden first reached out to her anonymously in January, requesting an encryption key so they could talk privately. Laura Poitras is an award-winning filmmaker who had worked with Greenwald previously on other stories involving claims against the NSA.

Greenwald's opposition to the military and intelligence gathering is longstanding and well-known. Liberal Time magazine columnist Joe Klein said of Greenwald in 2009:

He is a mean-spirited, graceless bully. During that time, I have never seen him write a positive sentence about the US military, which has transformed itself dramatically for the better since Rumsfeld’s departure (indeed, he ridiculed me when I reported that the situation in Anbar Province was turning around in 2007). I have never seen him acknowledge that the work of the clandestine service—performed disgracefully by the CIA during the early Bush years—is an absolute necessity in a world where terrorists have the capability to attack us at any time, in almost any place. Nor have I seen [him] acknowledge that such a threat exists, nor make a single positive suggestion about how to confront that threat in ways that might conform to his views.Scissors-32x32.png