Study: Tea Party supporters more likely to exhibit racism

Valin

study-tea-party-supporters-more-likely-to-exhibit-racismMSNBC:

Morgan Whitaker

06/20/2013

Glenn Beck believes the Tea Party is the civil rights movement of our era. He often names African-American figures from the movement like Martin Luther King Jr. when he speaks to Tea Party rallies. He invoked King, Frederick Douglass, and even Gandhi at a rally held Wednesday, where he told the Tea Party Patriots in the audience, My civil rights will not be trampled and called on them to fight for freedom.

(Snip)

The study published in Race and Social Problems indicates that Tea Party members are not necessarily any more racist than typical white Americans, but that the movements supporters are more likely to be, leading the researchers to conclude that, what the Tea Party means to its members and what it represents to the large public may, in fact, not be the same thing.

The study of survey data compiled in 2010 found that people who viewed the Tea Party favorably more often agreed with negative sentiments about African-Americans, than did the general population. Tea Party supporters were more likely to agree with statements like: Its really a matter of some people not trying hard enough; if blacks would only try harder they could be just as well off as whites, and less likely to agree with ones like: Generations of slavery and discrimination have created conditions that make it difficult for blacks to work their way out of the lower class.

(Snip)

WARNING Language Alert! Because you can't be funny or make a social statement without dropping F bombs.

Every Tea Party event that I've attended has included a super Black Conservative speaker. They always get rousing support and are embraced by the crowds in an amazing way (since the crowds are assuredly racist).

The TP supporters that I know do not reject people because of the darkness of their skin... but rather the darkness of their souls.

• Like 1

Generations of slavery and discrimination have created conditions that make it difficult for blacks to work their way out of the lower class.

How about asking the real pertinent question... Do you agree that:

Generations of liberal government and policies have created conditions that make it difficult for blacks to work their way out of the lower class.

• Like 1

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Morgan Whitaker

Bio:

Producer for PoliticsNation with Rev. Al Sharpton.<<<<<That sort of says it all.

Source: http://tv.msnbc.com/author/morganwinnwhitaker/

Turns out Morgan is an angry white girl.

Oh I have every confidence that this study was completely unbiased and non partisan, and further more was done by certified licensed smart guys.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Morgan Whitaker

Bio:

Producer for PoliticsNation with Rev. Al Sharpton.<<<<<That sort of says it all.

Source: http://tv.msnbc.com/author/morganwinnwhitaker/

Turns out Morgan is an angry white girl.

Oh I have every confidence that this study was completely unbiased and non partisan, and further more was done by certified licensed smart guys.

The best and brightest unbiased research professionals executed and validated the results of this survey.

acorn.jpg

righteousmomma

Well, Paula Deen is the latest to bite the dust and she solidly has supported Carter and the 0