Most workers hate their jobs or have 'checked out,' Gallup says

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

most-workers-hate-their-jobs-or-have-checked?source=rssMercury News: Seven out of 10 workers have "checked out" at work or are "actively disengaged," according to a recent Gallup survey.

In its ongoing survey of the American workplace, Gallup found that only 30 percent of workers are "were engaged, or involved in, enthusiastic about, and committed to their workplace." Although that equals the high in engagement since Gallup began studying the issue in 2000, it is overshadowed by the number of workers who aren't committed to a performing at a high level -- which Gallup says costs companies money.

The poll, released last week, examined worker engagement beginning in 2010 and ending in 2012. The previous poll period covered 2008 through 2010.

The survey classifies three types of employees among the 100 million people in America who hold full-time jobs. The first is actively engaged, which represents about 30 million workers. The second type of worker is "not engaged," which accounts for 50 million. These employees are going through the motions at work.

The third type, labeled "actively disengaged," hates going to work. These workers -- about 20 million -- undermine their companies with their attitude, according to the report.

________

On the job apathy?

@WestVirginiaRebel

In its ongoing survey of the American workplace, Gallup found that only 30 percent of workers are "were engaged, or involved in, enthusiastic about, and committed to their workplace."

I've got a red hot major news flash for Ricardo Lopez. This has always been the case. At least it is true out on the factory floor.

@WestVirginiaRebel

In its ongoing survey of the American workplace, Gallup found that only 30 percent of workers are "were engaged, or involved in, enthusiastic about, and committed to their workplace."

I've got a red hot major news flash for Ricardo Lopez. This has always been the case. At least it is true out on the factory floor.

Yep, I was thinking the same thing.

@WestVirginiaRebel

I think that's why they call it "work".... and not recess or hobby or whatever.

As a matter of fact... I'm sure it's been that way for quite a while.

cotton.jpg

I think that's why they call it "work".... and not recess or hobby or whatever.

As My buddy Tom says "That's Why They Call It Work And They Pay You, Otherwise They Would Call It Play, And You'd Pay them."

Here's the thing I discovered about work. Show up on time (10 minutes early), make a half assed effort, and Management will LOVE YOU. You don't have to bust a hump...just make a half assed effort, the reason being there are a lot of workers out there who don't. I don't know about management, but I've found this to be true on the factory floor.