Harassment and Intimidation: The Goals of Obama’s Information Dragnet

Geee

harassment-and-intimidationPJMedia:

The past month’s news about our national government’s acceleration towards tyranny (“arbitrary or unrestrained exercise of power; despotic abuse of authority”) made me recall the most memorable lines in “Like a Rolling Stone,” arguably Bob Dylan’s best work, and according to Rolling Stone magazine the best rock and roll song ever.

Dylan’s masterpiece is a sarcastic six-minute “See, I told you so” directed at a condescending high-society princess. She thought she had it all, only to see it disappear at the hands of a betraying, conniving beau. As a result, she is forced to fight for her everyday survival like most of the rest of us.

In his final verse, Dylan tells her:

When you ain’t got nothing, you got nothing to lose.

You’re invisible now, you got no secrets to conceal.

I would like to be wrong, but I fear that more people than ever who could help put a stop to this nation’s government-sponsored madness have reached a dangerous conclusion, namely that they have plenty to lose, and that they’re better off staying invisible.

Recent news about activities during the past several years of President Barack Obama’s Internal Revenue Service, misnamed Department of Justice, and National Security Agency has probably convinced many people who might otherwise make a difference that getting involved is simply not worth the risk to their reputations, their families, their friendships, or their careers. To some, it must appear that choosing political apathy, while limiting one’s “news” exposure to things like Kim Kardashian’s weight, Kanye West’s oversized ego, Jennifer Love Hewitt’s engagement, or whatever other trivial obsessions I might have missed has never looked more attractive.Scissors-32x32.png

Draggingtree

18Jun

Obama: I’m no Dick Cheney!

By: DrJohn

Barack Obama sought to once again use Dick Cheney as a whipping boy to create a distinction between his and the previous administration.

President Barack Obama used a television interview set to air Monday night to defend his administration’s use of far-reaching surveillance programs as carefully supervised and controlled.

Obama also appeared to reject comparisons between himself and Vice President Dick Cheney, who strongly backed similar surveillance efforts in the George W. Bush administration and has defended Obama’s continuation of national security-related programs similar in many respects to those pursued by the previous administration.

“Some people say, ‘Well, you know, Obama was this raving liberal before. Scissors-32x32.png http://floppingaces.net/2013/06/18/obama-im-no-dick-cheney/

Obama: "I’m no Dick Cheney!"

I read that headline this morning. The first thought that came in to my head was that's a huge understatement. He IS NO Dick Cheney. Too bad for this country.

• Like 1

Draggingtree

Obama: "I’m no Dick Cheney!"

I read that headline this morning. The first thought that came in to my head was that's a huge understatement. He IS NO Dick Cheney. Too bad for this country.

LMFAO.gif