Dishonoring America’s Veterans

Geee

55529Canada Free Press:

Fox News’ Jennifer Griffin called it “arguably the biggest scandal the Obama Administration is facing in Washington right now—the Department of Veterans’ Affairs disability claims backlog.” The average wait time, she reported, is 273 days. “Despite a half-a-billion dollar new computer system designed to improve efficiency at the VA, 97 percent of all the claims are still filed on paper.”

In the wake of the Memorial Day weekend, it is important to remember that 600,000 veterans’ claims have been waiting over 125 days to be cleared by the Department of Veterans Affairs. Nearly 900,000 claims were still waiting to be cleared, overall, as of April, according to The Washington Examiner. If the Bush Administration was capable of handling veterans’ benefits, why isn’t President Obama? After all, his Vice President calls this his “sacred obligation.”

“We have a lot of obligations—to our children, to the elderly, to the poor,” said Vice President Biden this past April. “But there’s only [one] truly sacred obligation in my view, and that’s to equip those we send to war and care for those who come home from war and their families.”

“That’s a sacred obligation.”Scissors-32x32.png

I won't go into detail but I would hazard a guess that many claims are fraudulent. I know many who were trying to get PTSD rating because it 'paid' pretty good. I was told I should try for a hearing disability and I could go on Google and learn how to beat the test. Same as any government program, free money attracts ne'er do wells.

The VA is working with archaic systems, but not all their fault.

I am not saying there aren't legitimate claims, but the others are clogging up the system.