The Left Can’t Handle the Truth

Valin

the-left-cant-handle-the-truthPJ Media: Andrew Klavan

5/27/13

When you go through a political sea change as I did switching my political position over the course of the years from left to right there are many little revelations that occur along the way. There are many moments you look back on, thinking, That was an important clue. That was a step in the transition.

One of those moments for me was the moment when I realized that the villains in my novels spoke the simple truth more often than my heroes did that is, I had begun to use my nasty characters to say nasty things that I knew to be true but that sounded too harsh and mean to be spoken by nice people. I have since noticed that left-wing artists do this a lot and that often the audience recognizes the truth when they hear it and so elevates the villain while completely forgetting the hero and his pious-sounding left-wing claptrap.

The best example I can think of comes from the talented leftist writer Aaron Sorkins play and movie A Few Good Men......(Snip)

Its about time our artists allowed their heroes to speak such truths and left the puling self-righteous leftist nonsense to their villains. After all, thats the way it is in real life.

Why deal with truth when you can choose to live by feelings and and childish idealism?

Add this to intellectual elitism, inflated self importance, and moral relativism... and you've got the blueprint for Liberalism today.

Why deal with truth when you can choose to live by feelings and and childish idealism?

Add this to intellectual elitism, inflated self importance, and moral relativism... and you've got the blueprint for Liberalism today.

The funny thing about Reality, you ignore and sooner or later it comes back and bites you in the butt. What I find amusing is the way the intellectual elites if you ask them to live out their (so called) principles (share the wealth...live simply...etc) they run screaming into the night.

@valim

the intellectual elites if you ask them to live out their (so called) principles...

You mean like Al Gore's battery powered ride?

gore1.jpg

@valim

the intellectual elites if you ask them to live out their (so called) principles...

You mean like Al Gore's battery powered ride?

gore1.jpg

Life is rough when you only have $200 million to get by on.