Lee Launches “Balance in 10/#My50k” Project

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

press-releases?ID=0bcf079e-4933-4798-8947-26a266654d65Senator Mike Lee Office:

May 23 2013

Lee Launches “Balance in 10/#My50k” Project

WASHINGTON – Today, Senator Mike Lee launched the “Balance in 10/#My50k” project to highlight the need for Washington to balance the federal budget. After neglecting to submit a budget for four years, Senate Democrats finally introduced a plan that never balances and adds trillions of dollars to the national debt. In contrast, several Republicans have submitted budgets that balance in ten years or less, without raising taxes or damaging the economy.

“Balancing the budget in ten years is a reasonable, feasible, and important goal,” said Senator Lee. “Doing so would reduce the public debt owed by each household in America by an average of $50,000. For most people, that’s a down payment on a house, a college fund, a new car, or a sizeable investment in a small business. Washington shouldn’t continue to steal from future generations by refusing to get its fiscal house in order today.”

According to current CBO projections, the average share of the national debt owed by each household will increase to more than $173,000 by 2023. Under the least aggressive Republican deficit reduction plan, the House budget, which would achieve balance by 2023, the average share of the national debt owed by each household would rise much slower landing just under $124,000 – a savings of almost $50,000. Other plans, such as Scissors-32x32.png

Draggingtree

Trends That Cannot Continue...won't.

Valin please expand

We have (oh lucky us!) an ever growing, more expensive, more intrusive, less responsive, less competent, federal government. (for purposes of this post) it doesn't really matter which party is in power......(and at the risk of sounding all Tin Foil Hat) the permanent government (The Bureaucracy) goes on...and on...and on...and on...and on. Now that could be fine except for one little problem...I's not working very well any more (given it's size and scope this is not really such a bad thing). So one of two things are going to happen ("It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future"-Yogi Berra) we The People through out elected representatives will get this under control, and reduce it to a manageable size or the whole thing fall down go boom.

• Like 1