Four Americans killed since 2009 in drone strikes, Holder says

Valin

four-americans-killed-since-200-in-drone-strikes-holder-saysFox News/AP:

5/22/13

WASHINGTON The Obama administration acknowledged for the first time Wednesday that four American citizens have been killed in drone strikes since 2009 in Pakistan and Yemen. The disclosure to Congress comes on the eve of a major national security speech by President Barack Obama.

In conducting U.S. counterterrorism operations against al-Qaida and its associated forces, the government has targeted and killed one American citizen, Anwar al-Awlaki, and is aware of the killing by U.S. drones of three others, Attorney General Eric Holder said in a letter to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy.

*Al-Awlaki, a radical Muslim cleric, was killed in a drone strike in September 2011 in Yemen. Holder said three other Americans were killed by drones in counterterrorism operations since 2009 but were not targeted. The three are *Samir Khan, who was killed in the same drone strike as al-Awlaki; *al-Awlaki's 16-year-old son, Abdulrahman, a native of Denver, who also was killed in Yemen two weeks later; and *Jude Kenan Mohammed, who was killed in a drone strike in Pakistan.

(Snip)

* The only problem I have is dead men tell no tales. Of course given this administrations love affair with civilian trial of terrorist, they wouldn't have talked much anyway. So at the end of the day I come back to Good.

@Valin

Which pure liberals now support actions of Dear Leader?

I make no comment on my purity...or lack of it, but I have very few problems with people like Jude Kenan Mohammed get their breathing privileges revoked.

Broad Brush Time....I am strongly in favor of killing people who want to kill me. In fact I would go so far as to call that a pretty good policy.

A good foreign policy? No real issues here.