Jury to begin deliberating Jodi Arias' sentence

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
?test=latestnewsFox News:

PHOENIX – Jodi Arias begged jurors Tuesday to give her life in prison, saying she "lacked perspective" when she told a local reporter in an interview that she preferred execution to spending the rest of her days in jail.

Standing confidently but at times her voice breaking, Arias told the same eight men and four women who found her guilty of first-degree murder that she planned to use her time in prison to bring about positive changes, including donating her hair to be made into wigs for cancer victims, helping establish prison recycling programs and designing T-shirts that would raise money for victims of domestic abuse.

She also said she could run book clubs and teach classes to prisoners to "stimulate conversations of a higher nature."

Arias became emotional as she played a slideshow of pictures from her photo album for the jury. The images included family portraits, pictures of her and friends and boyfriends and young relatives she has met only from behind bars.

Arias concluded her statement by pleading that jurors not give her the death penalty for the sake of her family.

"I'm asking you to please, please don't do that to them. I've already hurt them so badly, along with so many other people," she said. "I want everyone's healing to begin, and I want everyone's pain to stop."

Arias admitted killing boyfriend Travis Alexander and said it was the "worst thing" she had ever done. But she stuck to her story that the brutal attack -- which included stabbing and slashing Alexander nearly 30 times, shooting him in the head and nearly decapitating him -- was her defense against abuse.

"To this day, I can hardly believe I was capable of such violence. But I know that I was," she said. "And for that, I'm going to be sorry for the rest of my life."

Her testimony came a day after her attorneys asked to be removed from the case, saying the five-month trial had become a witch hunt that prompted death threats against a key witness in the penalty phase. They also argued for a mistrial. The judge denied both requests.

________

I say, honor her original request...

Could someone please tell me why I'm supposed to give a damn about this? Why this is (supposedly) important news? Cause I really really don't get it. Just one of the many things I don't get.

• Like 3

righteousmomma

Valin,every time she comes on the TV news NCT says the same: " Who cares!!!!!?"

I do point out that apparently 1000s care. ( he does not care about that either)

I cared when Fox stopped covering the Benghazi hearings to sit for 2 hours on breaking news "ALERT!!! " a verdict has been reached" grrrrrrrrrrrr.

WestVirginiaRebel, thanks for posting this latest from Fox.

She sounds like a complete air head sociopathic victim of tv culture land. Going to work against domestic abuse???? Has a clearer perspective???? " "The worst thing" she has ever done??? Wow, really?

Poor thing can "hardly believe" that she was "capable of such violence". Poor little victim. Not her fault.

( occurs to me she should have yelled Alah Akbar and she would probably have her own tv show by now)

Hey America... BREAKING NEWS

Run, run, run away from Benghazi. That's historical trivia now.

It has just been discovered that Megan Fox has a thumb double.

And here are the pictures to prove it.

thumbs-up.jpeg

Hey America... BREAKING NEWS

Run, run, run away from Benghazi. That's historical trivia now.

It has just been discovered that Megan Fox has a thumb double.

And here are the pictures to prove it.

thumbs-up.jpeg

OMG!!! IMO this is even more important than the latest Donald Trump story...and that is saying A Great Deal!

Who is Megan Fox?

An important American public figure who is often featured in People Magazine and US Magazine.

BTW, when channel surfing last week, I hesitated on CNN long enough to hear Piers Morgan ask Bob Costas... "OK Bob, who is your favorite rapp artist?"

@nickydog If you don't know Megan Fox, I'll bet that you'd have a hard time naming your favorite rapp artist.

Who is Megan Fox?

An important American public figure who is often featured in People Magazine and US Magazine.

BTW, when channel surfing last week, I hesitated on CNN long enough to hear Piers Morgan ask Bob Costas... "OK Bob, who is your favorite rapp artist?"

@nickydog If you don't know Megan Fox, I'll bet that you'd have a hard time naming your favorite rapp artist.

Does Frank Sinatra count?

Who is Megan Fox?

Yes, that's very true. biggrin.png

I am not sure how it would work, but I heard yesterday that if this jury doesn't reach a unanimous decision, a new jury will be impaneled to try to reach a decision. It has to be unanimous.