Top IRS official will invoke Fifth Amendment

Geee

la-pn-top-irs-official-fifth-amendment-20130521,0,6645565.storyLA Times:

WASHINGTON – A top IRS official in the division that reviews nonprofit groups will invoke the Fifth Amendment and refuse to answer questions before a House committee investigating the agency’s improper screening of conservative nonprofit groups.

Lois Lerner, the head of the exempt organizations division of the IRS, won’t answer questions about what she knew about the improper screening – or why she didn’t reveal it to Congress, according to a letter from her defense lawyer, William W. Taylor 3rd.

Lerner was scheduled to appear before the House Oversight committee Wednesday.

“She has not committed any crime or made any misrepresentation but under the circumstances she has no choice but to take this course,” said a letter by Taylor to committee Chairman Darrell E. Issa, R-Calif. The letter, sent Monday, was obtained Tuesday by the Los Angeles Times.Scissors-32x32.png

Whoops - sorry @Rheo

Lois Lerner is so pathetic an article about her responses deserves a second post so we can make certain everyone knows how irresponsible and childish she is acting.

Here’s a just posted tweet from White House reporter Ari Shapiro:
“Other lefty columnists headed into the West Wing as a group. POTUS coffee? Carney meeting? Anyone?”
The columnists spotted were Jonathan Capehart, Josh Marshall, and Ezra Klein, among others. LINK
It should be noted that this West Wing media meeting was held at approximately the same time reports were coming out regarding the top IRS official pleading the 5th prior to her Congressional testimony on the IRS intimidation scandal.

http://theulstermanreport.com/2013/05/21/valerie-jarretts-all-hands-on-deck-order-confirmed-west-wing-media-meeting-held/

IRS Worker Used Federal Plastic For Amazon Buys
Government credit card paid for years-long shopping spree

Scissors-32x32.png

"Yetunde Oseni, 37, was named this month in a U.S. District Court felony complaint charging her with embezzling government funds. Oseni has worked since 2000 as a secretary in an IRS office in Lanham, Maryland."

Scissors-32x32.png

Watch lil ol' Yetunde go to jail and watch Miller and Lerner skate free.

DEMOCRAT ELIJAH CUMMINGS: LOIS LERNER SHOULD LOSE HER JOB

Rep. Elijah Cummings (D–MD), ranking member of the House Oversight Committee, told reporters on Capitol Hill on Tuesday he believes Lois Lerner, the Internal Revenue Service’s Director of the Exempt Organizations division, should lose her job over her participation in the agency’s targeting of conservative organizations.
“I think that if [steve] Miller had to lose his job, and I don’t think he should be the lone person to go--if she was one of the originators of this targeting process, then I don’t think she should be there,” he said.
I think what the American people want is that they need to know, that if someone has done something wrong, that they have apologized for it by the way. In this instance, it is more important that we restore trust. If it’s a violation of civil service rules, you got to stay within those rules. I think that you can allow her to go without pay. In other words, take her out of the office and giver her pay, rather. But, I think she has to go, because we have to restore trust.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/05/21/Rep-Cummings-Lois-Lerner-Should-Lose-Her-Job

OMG - Did I mention yesterday that Hell was freezing over? ohmy.png

"Since Lerner won’t answer questions, Taylor asked that she be excused from appearing, saying that would 'have no purpose other than to embarrass or burden her.'"

The quote of the day...