Never Mind Impeachment; Keep your Eyes on the Prize

Geee

never_mind_impeachment_keep_your_eyes_on_the_prize.htmlAmerican Spectator:

Conservatives and Republicans would be unwise to pursue President Obama's impeachment as my colleague Bruce Walker today argues. The odds are the effort would backfire, and there is a much more important goal that should be at the center of our politicalstrategy: sweeping Democrats out of office in 2014 and 2016 in numbers sufficient to enact structural reforms, including replacement of the tax system and junking the IRS and outlawing public employee unions. President Obama is handing his opponents the means, if only they have the wit to pursue the bigger goal.

In politics, as in comedy, timing is everything. We have almost a year and a half until the midterms, three and a half until the presidential election. We can expect Obama to remain the worst crisis manager ever, making every mistake in the textbooks. He has already nudged a critical mass of MSM players out of playing defense for him and aggressively joining the hunt for the truth. Generations of journalists have longed for another Watergate, and here we have a president caught looking positively Nixonian.

Nixon, at least, had experience with a hostile press. Obama is so clueless that he thinks sending his spokesmen out to lie in the face of evidence or to claim "the law is irrelevant" might work, instead of making matters worse. One can only conclude that the truth must be highly damaging, and that, as the hoariest cliché of modern politics goes, the cover-up is always worse than the crime.Scissors-32x32.png

Draggingtree

May 21, 2013

Is it time to consider a RICO case against the Administration?

Matt Holzmann
We are finding out new and interesting revelations about how our government operates every day, it seems. From an ever expanding IRS scandal to the Department of Justice's fishing expedition at AP to the President of the United States telling us that he found out about all of this in the newspapers just like the rest of us, it seems that everywhere we look there is evidence of the Administration using the apparatus of government as a tool of political repression and widespread corruption.

So say such diverse authorities as

, Charles Rangel, Peggy Noonan and Jon Stewart.

There is now enough evidence to begin considering a RICO (Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organization) case. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/05/is_it_time_to_consider_a_rico_case_against_the_administration.html

never_mind_impeachment_keep_your_eyes_on_the_prize.htmlAmerican Spectator:

Conservatives and Republicans would be unwise to pursue President Obama's impeachment as my colleague Bruce Walker today argues. The odds are the effort would backfire, and there is a much more important goal that should be at the center of our politicalstrategy: sweeping Democrats out of office in 2014 and 2016 in numbers sufficient to enact structural reforms, including replacement of the tax system and junking the IRS and outlawing public employee unions. President Obama is handing his opponents the means, if only they have the wit to pursue the bigger goal.

In politics, as in comedy, timing is everything. We have almost a year and a half until the midterms, three and a half until the presidential election. We can expect Obama to remain the worst crisis manager ever, making every mistake in the textbooks. He has already nudged a critical mass of MSM players out of playing defense for him and aggressively joining the hunt for the truth. Generations of journalists have longed for another Watergate, and here we have a president caught looking positively Nixonian.

Nixon, at least, had experience with a hostile press. Obama is so clueless that he thinks sending his spokesmen out to lie in the face of evidence or to claim "the law is irrelevant" might work, instead of making matters worse. One can only conclude that the truth must be highly damaging, and that, as the hoariest cliché of modern politics goes, the cover-up is always worse than the crime.Scissors-32x32.png

Exactly right!

May 21, 2013

Is it time to consider a RICO case against the Administration?

Matt Holzmann

I am not saying Mr. Holzmann is an someone who doesn't have any common sense....but he does a very good impersonation of what one would sound like.

RICO! I mean RICO! One wonders what he actually knows about RICO...Very Little I suspect!

Everyone (on the Right) should remove the word Impeachment from their vocabulary...immediately.

I'm sorry to to say but, Barack Obama is not going to resign over these scandals...much less be impeached. The best we can hope for (politically speaking) is a weakened President, top WH Aides gone and Eric Holder gone. And a Lot more Republicans in Congress after the 2014 elections.

Anyone who mentions the I word or getting his Obamaness to resign, this is a good sign of nutterism....and they should be heaped with scorn and fun made of them.

Totally agree. MrC and I were just talking about that this morning.

• Like 1

Everyone (on the Right) should remove the word Impeachment from their vocabulary...immediately.

I'm sorry to to say but, Barack Obama is not going to resign over these scandals...much less be impeached. The best we can hope for (politically speaking) is a weakened President, top WH Aides gone and Eric Holder gone. And a Lot more Republicans in Congress after the 2014 elections.

Anyone who mentions the I word or getting his Obamaness to resign, this is a good sign of nutterism....and they should be heaped with scorn and fun made of them.

Totally agree. MrC and I were just talking about that this morning.

The good news is this kind of talk is dying out.

• Like 1