The Effort to Disappear Benghazi

Valin

@Draggingtree

Thanks. IMO what we see here is an covert operation blown....rather badly.

Two problems I have

1. The run up. Given what was going on at the CIA annex, it is understandable that a low profile was called for. There is however a difference between Low Profile and walking around pretending everything is sweetness and light, and not having a Plan B. Which is I believe what happened.

a. up to 20 hours to launch 2 fighters and a tanker? GMAFG!!!!

2. A You Tube Video? This was the best they could come up with! Even I (not the brightest bulb on the tree) bought that for about an hour. I would hope someone was smart enough to tell them "This Ain't Gonna Fly"

1 All they had to do was come the next day or the day after and say "We Screwed Up" and people died. It's all our fault. They would have taken a set of lumps for a week or two, then the story would have gone away.

Draggingtree

What has become of the Benghazi investigation?

By GINGER GIBSON | 7/17/13 11:24 PM EDT

After months of fiery hearings and vows to get to the bottom of Benghazi, House Republicans are now barely making a peep when it comes to an issue they once couldn’t stop talking about.

Democrats say Republicans are lacking damaging evidence against the Obama administration in the aftermath of the attacks on U.S. diplomatic outposts in Libya. They argue the House GOP is in retreat over the investigation that some conservatives believed could bring down the White House or tar a 2016 presidential candidate.

And some conservatives are concerned that their leadership isn’t pursuing Benghazi with enough zest. snip

Now, neither Pickering nor Mullen, who first offered to sit for a public hearing in May and sat for closed-door depositions in June, will be able to testify before September, according to correspondence between Issa’s staff and Mullen’s attorney. sScissors-32x32.png
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/benghazi-investigation-libya-issa-94386.html?ml=po_r

But isn't all of this such "old news"?

I am sure Hilary has lost interest in finding out what happened as she watched it happen. "How is this going to look on my resume?"

But isn't all of this such "old news"?

I am sure Hilary has lost interest in finding out what happened as she watched it happen. "How is this going to look on my resume?"

Just one more non-scandal scandal. I feel real bad for even bring it up. Beside hundreds of US embassies and consulates during the Bush presidency...so nothing to see here.....move along.

Draggingtree

Benghazi Mom Responds to Obama’s “Phony Scandals” Crack: “My Son is Dead. How Could That be Phony?”

July 26, 2013 By Daniel Greenfield

Obama once called the dead in Benghazi “bumps in the road”. Bumps in the road that were not optimal. In his speech, he dismissed the investigation of Benghazi by Congress as a waste of time and a “phony scandal.”

Now Pat Smith, the mother of Sean Smith, who was murdered in the attack has a response for Obama.

“I believe that Obama murdered my son,” she said Thursday from the living room of her Clairemont home. “I firmly believe this.”

Patricia Smith, who voted for Obama in 2008 at the insistence of her son, is now blaming President Barack Obama for her son’s death.Scissors-32x32.png

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/benghazi-mom-responds-to-obamas-phony-scandals-crack-my-son-is-dead-how-could-that-be-phony/

SrWoodchuck

Fox is having the special called "Truth aboutBenghazi" tonight, Friday, June 28 at 10 EST.

They also have an interview with the video maker falsely accused of causing the " disturbance"

Fox! You can't believe anything they say. They hate President Obama because he's black. You don't have to belive me, just ask Chris Mathews.

Oh dear, Obama is black - Chris Stephens and his assistant were rumored to be gay. Which side do I take? Signed, Radical Right Winged Hater

In my considered opinion your best move would be to hate them both. Remember we hate filled hating hateful haters can always find a reason to hate.

I just HATE when your rightLMFAO.gif

Sweet @Geee! You are on a roll today!

Edited to add: Didn't notice the dates! You are on a roll every day!

Edited by SrWoodchuck

Draggingtree

#BENGHAZI: Survivor David Ubben Speaks

July 27, 2013 | Filed under 9/11,Benghazi | Posted by LL1885

Hidden Survivors?

A question that has recently become increasingly louder: Where are the Benghazi survivors? Frank Wolf has been asking this question very loudly lately himself. In fact, Wolf has a long list of questions – most of which still remain unanswered. Via Washington Free Beacon:

Wolf has even gone after Congress for failing to hold open hearings about the attacks to force the survivors to testify.

“I am increasingly concerned that we will not learn the answers to any of the questions I have raised over the past week before the one-year anniversary of the attack, if ever,” Wolf said on Tuesday, when he took to the House floor to raise additional questions about the attack.

Some Benghazi survivors, such as federal employees and contractors, have been asked by the State Department to sign non-disclosure agreements, effectively ordering their silence about the incident.

“Let the [House] committees find out who signed the non-disclosure agreement and subpoena them,” Wolf told the Free Beacon.

The State Department informed Wolf earlier this week that it “does not prevent State Department employees who want to tell their stories about the Benghazi attacks from doing so.” Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://wizbangblog.com/2013/07/27/benghazi-survivor-david-ubben-speaks/

Edited by Draggingtree

Draggingtree
More than 1,000 inmates escape Libyan prison

Published July 27, 2013

Associated Press

TRIPOLI, Libya – More than 1,000 detainees escaped from a prison near the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi in a massive jailbreak Saturday, as protesters stormed the offices of political parties in Libya's main cities.

It wasn't immediately clear if the jailbreak at the Koyfiya prison came as part of the protests or if inmates received outside help. Protesters had massed across the country angry over the killing of an activist critical of the country's Muslim Brotherhood group.

Those who escaped either face or were convicted of serious charges, a security official at Koyfiya prison said, confirming the jailbreak. He spoke on condition of anonymity as he wasn't authorized to speak to journalists. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/07/27/more-than-1000-inmates-escape-libyan-prison/

Draggingtree

27Jul

US Benghazi Hero Waited 20 Hours For Help With a Shredded Leg – While Obama Campaigned in Las Vegas

By Jim Hoft:

Diplomatic security agent David Ubben, like former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty, ran into the Special Mission Compound (SMC) to help save US officials under siege in Benghazi. Ubben was struck by a mortar round that killed Woods and Doherty. His leg was shredded. Ubben was forced to wait twenty hours before a plane was sent to pick him up.

While Ubben was waiting for help with a shredded leg Barack Obama was campaigning in Las Vegas.
594x373xobama-las-vegas.jpg.pagespeed.ic
After a good night sleep Obama flew to Las Vegas to campaign on September 12, 2012. (Zimbio)

Martha MacCullan at FOX News reported on this unbelievable story: Scissors-32x32.png

http://floppingaces.net/most_wanted/us-benghazi-hero-waited-20-hours-for-help-with-a-shredded-leg-while-obama-campaigned-in-las-vegas/

Key military commander to testify on Benghazi — the day before his retirement

Congress will hear eagerly awaited testimony Wednesday on the Benghazi, Libya, terrorist attack from a special operations task force commander who is set to retire the next day.

Col. George Bristol, the former commander of a task force that operated in Northern and Western Africa, will appear at a classified, members-only briefing with a House Armed Services subcommittee, congressional and Defense sources told The Hill.

Republicans have been pressing the military to allow Bristol to testify.

They argue he has a unique perspective given their concerns that the military wasn’t prepared to quickly respond to the Sept. 11, 2012, terrorist attack on the U.S. diplomatic annex that left four dead, including U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens.

“Col. Bristol has experience that could be valuable in deepening our understanding of the events of that day,” a committee source told The Hill. “Of particular interest to the committee is what our posture was in the weeks and months that proceeded the attack.”Scissors-32x32.png

http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hill/army/314059-key-military-commander-to-testify-on-benghazi-the-day-before-his-retirement

Draggingtree
The Only Thing “Phony” is the Investigation

By: Matthew Clark (Diary) | July 29th, 2013 at 06:09 PM

The Obama Administration is hunkered down. The spin machine is in full force. The mantra is the same: the IRS targeting conservatives is a “phony” scandal, just like all the rest.

The only thing phony here is the investigation.

For example, the Secretary of the Treasury, Jack Lew, on Fox News this weekend refused to answer the simple question if he or anyone at Treasury, which supposedly oversees the IRS, has asked IRS Chief Counsel William Wilkins if he had any involvement in the targeting of the Tea Party.

Senior IRS attorneys have pointed the finger directly to the IRS Chief Counsel’s office as being intimately involved in the targeting scheme. The question – did the head of that office, Wilkins, an Obama political appointee, have anything to do with the scandal – is apparently too much to ask

If you think the Obama Administration is really investigating anything, watch this clip

http://youtu.be/nU2VRTa-9ng

Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.redstate.com/matthewclark/2013/07/29/the-only-thing-phony-is-the-investigation/

Was Benghazi CIA Annex Running Guns To Syrian Rebels?

The Libyan Lie: Dozens more CIA operatives were on the ground in Benghazi than previously acknowledged. Were they running guns to Syrian rebels? And why are they and their families now being intimidated?

The only thing "phony" about the Benghazi scandal has been the cacophony of falsehoods and obfuscation pouring out of the Obama administration about the night four Americans, including the personal representative of President Obama, Ambassador Christopher Stevens, were killed.

Up to 35 CIA operatives were working in Benghazi the night of the terrorist attack, dozens more than previously reported, raising questions anew of why they were really there, what they were really doing and why the administration has tried so hard to fudge the facts and hide the truth.

One big unanswered question is why there was a CIA annex near to what was supposed to be a fledgling diplomatic outpost in Benghazi — a soon-to-be, we were told, diplomatic mission envisioned as the first fruits of the now-mythical "Arab Spring."Scissors-32x32.png

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/080213-666258-dozens-more-cia-operatives-on-ground-in-benghazi.htm

Was Benghazi CIA Annex Running Guns To Syrian Rebels?

The Libyan Lie: Dozens more CIA operatives were on the ground in Benghazi than previously acknowledged. Were they running guns to Syrian rebels? And why are they and their families now being intimidated?

The only thing "phony" about the Benghazi scandal has been the cacophony of falsehoods and obfuscation pouring out of the Obama administration about the night four Americans, including the personal representative of President Obama, Ambassador Christopher Stevens, were killed.

Up to 35 CIA operatives were working in Benghazi the night of the terrorist attack, dozens more than previously reported, raising questions anew of why they were really there, what they were really doing and why the administration has tried so hard to fudge the facts and hide the truth.

One big unanswered question is why there was a CIA annex near to what was supposed to be a fledgling diplomatic outpost in Benghazi — a soon-to-be, we were told, diplomatic mission envisioned as the first fruits of the now-mythical "Arab Spring."Scissors-32x32.png

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/080213-666258-dozens-more-cia-operatives-on-ground-in-benghazi.htm

I recall reading about this last fall.

Last fall it was 'rumors'. Funny how often rumors turn out to be true.

I assumed it was true. But then this (national security, the gwot...etc.) is an area of interest to me.Yes they do sometimes turn out to be true, but often they turn out to be fodder for our friends in the Nutter Community. Occam's razor, is very often our friend.

Desperation in the Benghazi Coverup - Jed Babbin

You can always tell the depth of an event’s illegality by the measures people take to cover it up. By that measure, the conduct of President Obama, Hillary Clinton, and David Petraeus leading up to the terrorist attack that killed four Americans on 9/11 2012 must be must be so sufficiently wrongful that, if revealed, they could lead to the president’s impeachment.

How else can we gauge what is apparently the most energetic coverup in modern history? We know, from several sources, that the survivors of the attack — not on the consulate, but on the CIA annex — number a few dozen or more. We also know from those sources that almost all of their names have been concealed from Congress in the course of the coverup.

Those sources also reveal that the CIA has required those survivors to sign confidentiality agreements binding them to never disclose what they were doing in the days or months leading up to the 9/11-12 attack. Keep in mind that good old Joe Wilson — the former ambassador sent to Niger by the CIA to “learn” what Iraq had done to acquire uranium — wasn’t required to sign any confidentiality agreement, hence his ability to become a Democratic political attack dog instantly after Deputy Secretary Richard Armitage leaked his wife’s CIA employment to reporter Robert Novak.Scissors-32x32.png

http://spectator.org/archives/2013/08/05/desperation-in-the-benghazi-co

Posted this in another thread....

Via WeaselZippers

A thought occurred to me just now. Maybe one of the reason the Obama WH has not been more forthcoming on this is they know soon wild accusations will start to come out and make those of us who have been following/obsessing on this look well...nuts.