Criminal probe started into Texas fertilizer plant blast

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

index.htmlCNN:

One of the emergency responders at last month's deadly Texas fertilizer plant explosion is now charged with possessing materials for a pipe bomb, a court document states.

Authorities on Friday said they are launching a criminal investigation into last month's blast in the town of West, but have not said if the arrest of Bryce Reed is connected.

Local sheriff's deputies were called on Tuesday to a residence where they found components for a pipe bomb, according to a criminal complaint affidavit.

The officers determined that Reed had given the materials to the resident of that home last month.

Among the materials found were a galvanized metal pipe, a fuse, coils of metal ribbon and several bags of chemical powders, the affidavit states.

Reed, who was arrested early Friday, is charged with possession of a destructive device.

________

Not an accident?

clearvision

They say he has no connection to the explosion.

On charges against Reed:

"Federal prosecutors said in court papers released on Friday that authorities had found a section of pipe 3-1/2 incheslong and 1-1/2 inches in diameter, end caps, fuses and explosive powder at a home in Abbott, Texas, this month. The resident of that home, whom they did not identify, told police the components came from Reed."

Hmmm. So they find pipe bomb components at someone's house and that someone says they belong to some other dude. I hope they have evidence connecting Reed to the stuff. Also remind me make sure I don't keep any fireworks around my workshop with plumbing supplies.