Witnesses: 2 explosions heard near finish line of Boston Marathon

Rheo

saveliberty

City mourns bomb victims

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

By:

Dave Wedge

Scissors-32x32.png

Boston is in mourning today for three killed and at least 144 wounded in a “cowardly” bombing at the Boston Marathon, leaving the tragedy-wracked city scrambling for answers as to how a terrorist was able to plant two explosive 
devices on a busy stretch of Boylston Street at a high-security international event.

“This cowardly act will not be taken in stride,” Boston Police Commissioner Edward F. Davis said. “We will turn over every rock to find those responsible.”

The 2:50 p.m. double bombing shattered the bliss of the sun-splashed marathon, sending frantic runners and fans scrambling for cover and sending at least 144 to the hospital. There were at least three dead — including an 8-year-old — and 30 wounded “critically,” officials said last night.

saveliberty

For race vet, ‘everything changed’

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

By:Katie Eastman

Scissors-32x32.png

This is my third Boston Marathon. I know the race as one of the happiest and most inspirational days of my life for me and for thousands of others.

While running, I met Larry, who was running his 1,020th marathon. I met Erin, who is blind, running with two guides to help her along. This race is unlike anything else.

Yesterday, around mile 24, everything changed. I noticed the police officers weren’t high-fiving anymore. Their faces turned 
serious, and their walkie-talkie volume was on high.

saveliberty

Bomb expert: Attack ‘easily’ one-man job

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

By:John Zaremba

Scissors-32x32.png

The Boston Marathon bombing that killed three and injured 144 may have been virtually impossible to prevent, security experts said.

“When the terrorist has planned an attack and they’re going to utilize an IED as their weapons of strategic influence, it’s hard to stop that in a free and open society,” said Grant Haber, a security consultant who runs the firm American 
Innovations. “It’s difficult. Where we can do a better job is focusing our efforts via a whole-of-government approach, and focus our 
efforts on gaining a better control on homemade explosive precursors.”

saveliberty

White Coat Notes

04/15/2013 | 8:40 PM

Marathon medical tent ‘transformed into trauma unit’

By Dr. Sushrut Jangi, Globe correspondent

Scissors-32x32.png

The medical tent at the Boston Marathon finish line minutes before the first explosion/Dr. Sushrut Jangi

My friend and colleague, Dr. Jennifer Rosenberg, a family physician in Coolidge Corner, was attending to her patient when we heard two explosions – the second a few moments after the first. The medical tent was already packed with runners lying on cots for dehydration or hypothermia. We heard a calm voice from the center of the tent, belonging to John Andersen, one of our medical coordinators. “Stay calm, and stay with your patients,” he said, “while we figure out what’s happening.”

A few minutes later, physicians, nurses, and coordinators were called to the site of the explosion; EMS ran to the scene and returned with stories about dismembered limbs and pools of blood. Immediately, the medical tent was transformed into a trauma unit. A patient was wheeled in on a stretcher with legs missing at the end of her torso; another had severe burns on the left lower leg. The cots at the far end became beds for those with severe bleeding or leg injuries from the blasts. Although we were not equipped for trauma, we had bags of intravenous fluids hanging from four yellow ropes suspended down the middle, tourniquets, blood pressure monitors, defibrillators, and EKGs. We had medical personnel included internists, family physicians, cardiologists, emergency physicians, physical therapists, and social workers.

saveliberty

The good people of Boston

April 15, 2013 By Deacon Greg Kandra

k-bigpic-575x323.jpg

Scissors-32x32.pngThey were everywhere Monday: the good guys. EMS workers, rescuers, cops, volunteers, runners who completed the race and kept running, to go to the hospital and donate blood.

People noticed the Twitter feed of former New England Patriot star Joe Andruzzi went quiet Monday afternoon. Turns out, he was helping victims downtown. (See picture).

saveliberty

In New York:

1,000 cops deployed to landmarks and transit sites

• By JOSH MARGOLIN, KIRSTAN CONLEY and BETH DEFALCO
  • Last Updated: 4:40 AM, April 16, 2013
  • Posted: 1:48 AM, April 16, 2013

16.2n013.NYPD--525x300.jpg

EPA

NOT HERE: NYPD counterterrorism officers flood Times Square, the scene of an attempted car bombing in 2010, after yesterday's Boston Marathon bombing.

Scissors-32x32.png

NYPD cops yesterday flooded city streets, landmarks and transit hubs — while scrutinizing live video feeds at key spots for suspicious activity — in the wake of the Boston Marathon bombings.

“This changes everything here,’’ one grim-faced source told The Post of yesterday’s terror attack.

saveliberty

Terror attack strikes Boston Marathon, more than 130 injured; person of interest ID'd

• From POST STAFF REPORT
  • Last Updated: 2:08 AM, April 16, 2013
  • Posted: 3:04 PM, April 15, 2013

Scissors-32x32.png

BOSTON — More than 130 people were injured today as multiple explosions rocked the Boston Marathon in a "coordinated" terror attack.

Two explosions were detonated at the race's finish line within seconds of each other, beginning at 2:50 p.m. Three other undetonated devices were later discovered by authorities. A federal law enforcement source told The Post there are at least 12 dead and at least 132 people have been treated at seven area hospital

New narrative: When will we ever be as safe as we were during 8 years of 43?

Define safe. Then ask the question...what is the purpose of terrorism?

"Safe" as opposed to how "un-safe" we are with Oblunder Bow, Bury & Buy foreign policy. Just a suggestion to change the narrative & the momentum. I personally have had enough domestic terrorism via Obama policy.

We've been this Unsafe for quite some time. The bad guys got lucky this time....they probably kept their mouths shut about what they were up yo. This assumes Islamic terrorism. I'd say a safe assumption at this point.

This begs another question. *It's been 12 + years since 9-11, this is the 1st successful attack, Why is that? It has not been for lack of trying on their part. Guys like Zawahiri get a hard on at the very thought of doing another mass attack.

* Addendum: Forgot Ft. Hood.

Of course Ft. Hood was workplace violence so it may not count. rolleyes.gif

In New York:

1,000 cops deployed to landmarks and transit sites

• By JOSH MARGOLIN, KIRSTAN CONLEY and BETH DEFALCO
  • Last Updated: 4:40 AM, April 16, 2013
  • Posted: 1:48 AM, April 16, 2013

16.2n013.NYPD--525x300.jpg

EPA

NOT HERE: NYPD counterterrorism officers flood Times Square, the scene of an attempted car bombing in 2010, after yesterday's Boston Marathon bombing.

Scissors-32x32.png

NYPD cops yesterday flooded city streets, landmarks and transit hubs — while scrutinizing live video feeds at key spots for suspicious activity — in the wake of the Boston Marathon bombings.

“This changes everything here,’’ one grim-faced source told The Post of yesterday’s terror attack.

Actually it changes nothing. The threat has always been there, for at least the last 40 years.

WE ONLY HAVE TO GET "LUCKY" ONCE, THEY NEED TO BE LUCKY ALL THE TIME:

righteousmomma

To put a human face on all this here is a link to an article about my friend. She is fine but there are scores more like her who are not fine at all because of this evil act.

http://www.wral.com/...-safe/12343808/

Plus I just read that we had over a 100 people from Raleigh and surrounding area running in the race not to mention all their cheering supporters that went with them. One runner was son of our former mayor who also was up there. All runners have been accounted for and are fine. Most had come in around 2 o'clock like Julie.

"Safe" as opposed to how "un-safe" we are with Oblunder Bow, Bury & Buy foreign policy. Just a suggestion to change the narrative & the momentum. I personally have had enough domestic terrorism via Obama policy.

Obama on Boston: "Any responsible individuals, any responsible groups, will feel the full weight of justice."

Wow, just like Benghazi. Don't you remember how many of those terrorists did Obama wiped out there?

• Like 3

Cardinal O’Malley: “In Midst of Darkness We Turn to the Light of Christ”

(Snip)

In the midst of the darkness of this tragedy we turn to the light of Jesus Christ, the light that was evident in the lives of people who immediately turned to help those in need today. We stand in solidarity with our ecumenical and interfaith colleagues in the commitment to witness the greater power of good in our society and to work together for healing

• Like 1

Obama on Boston: "Any responsible individuals, any responsible groups, will feel the full weight of justice."

Wow, just like Benghazi. Don't you remember how many of those terrorists did Obama wiped out there?

IMO This probably would have happened if John McCain had won in 08 and Mitt Romney had won last November.

Point being we are not any safer or unsafer than we have ever been since...(?)1979?

Local State Federal law enforcement has gotten better since 79 and 9-11. I can say this because, this is the 2nd act of mass terror since 9-11-01. Large numbers of these plots have been stopped, part of the reason being Muslims sitting in mosques keeping their eyes and ears open, also because we have gotten pretty darn good at catching these guys. The problem is They only have to get lucky once. They get lucky and 3 dead 140 people injured. The bad news is they (the terrorists are learning for the most part the dumb or unlucky ones are dead or sitting in a prison cell.

Listen, you don't like Barack Obama...I don't like Barack Obama. You've got problems with Barack Obama.....I've got problems with Barack Obama. But not everything revolves around the Community Organizer In Chief.

Starting to see people saying (actually at this point insinuating) he did it. He wanted this to happen.

righteousmomma

H/T to NCT

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/axelrod-obama-thinks-boston-bombings-could-be-related-tax-day_717924.html

In explaining why President Obama didn't call the Boston bombings a "terrorist attack," former adviser David Axelrod said, "I'm sure what was going through the president's mind is -- we really don't know who did this -- it was tax day":

"The word has taken on a different meaning since 9/11," Axelrod said of the phrase "terrorist attack."

"You use those words and it means something very specific in people's mind. And I'm sure what was going through the president's mind is -- we really don't know who did this -- it was tax day. Was it someone who was pro--you know, you just don't know. And so I think his attitude is, let's not put any inference into this, let's just make clear that we're going to get the people responsible."

Guess they will have difficulty explaining all this since "Islamic" and "war on terrorism" have been banned .

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

IMO This probably would have happened if John McCain had won in 08 and Mitt Romney had won last November.

Point being we are not any safer or unsafer than we have ever been since...(?)1979?

Local State Federal law enforcement has gotten better since 79 and 9-11. I can say this because, this is the 2nd act of mass terror since 9-11-01. Large numbers of these plots have been stopped, part of the reason being Muslims sitting in mosques keeping their eyes and ears open, also because we have gotten pretty darn good at catching these guys. The problem is They only have to get lucky once. They get lucky and 3 dead 140 people injured. The bad news is they (the terrorists are learning for the most part the dumb or unlucky ones are dead or sitting in a prison cell.

Listen, you don't like Barack Obama...I don't like Barack Obama. You've got problems with Barack Obama.....I've got problems with Barack Obama. But not everything revolves around the Community Organizer In Chief.

Starting to see people saying (actually at this point insinuating) he did it. He wanted this to happen.

Do I think he wanted this to happen? No. Do I think he will turn this tragedy to his advantage if he can. Oh, yeah.

Is his JustUs Department investigating this through a prism of domestic [Tea Party/Conservative....hope,hope,hope] terrorism? Probably....with great hope of tying it to some white splinter group, if the opportunity presents itself.

I believe he is a narcissistic sociopath, that can easily feign sympathy....and in reality, if it doesn't stroke his immense and destructive ego....can move on in a heartbeat. He projects semi-sincere regret, but this too, will be as Benghazi, because his largest emotional capacity......is apathy. [see @Pepper #112 above]

Saudi national no longer ‘person of interest’ in Boston bombings, no other suspects

Josh Rogin

April 16, 2013 - 4:02 PM

The Saudi national injured during the bomb attacks at the Boston Marathon Monday has been cleared and is no longer even a person of interest, intelligence officials told lawmakers Tuesday.

Director of National Intelligence James Clapper briefed members of the Senate Intelligence Committee behind closed doors in a pre-scheduled hearing that was supposed to focus on the budget, but Clapper began with an update of the bombings. Ranking Republican Saxby Chambliss (R-GA) emerged from the briefing and said he was told the 22-year old Saudi student who was injured during the bombings and remains in the care of a local hospital was no longer a focus of investigators.

"He was never categorized as a suspect; he was a person of interest. My understanding is that he totally cooperated and that he is no longer a person of interest," Chambliss said.

Asked if there were any other persons of interest at this time, Chambliss said, "Not that I know of."

(Snip)

Do I think he wanted this to happen? No. Do I think he will turn this tragedy to his advantage if he can. Oh, yeah.

Is his JustUs Department investigating this through a prism of domestic [Tea Party/Conservative....hope,hope,hope] terrorism? Probably....with great hope of tying it to some white splinter group, if the opportunity presents itself.

I believe he is a narcissistic sociopath, that can easily feign sympathy....and in reality, if it doesn't stroke his immense and destructive ego....can move on in a heartbeat. He projects semi-sincere regret, but this too, will be as Benghazi, because his largest emotional capacity......is apathy. [see @Pepper #112 above]

I am of the opinion (freely given and worth almost that much) that way too many people on out side spend way too much time concerned about what the Community Organizer In Chief is going to do or not do, as concerns the Boston bombing. This case is not Benghazi, it did'nt happen half way around thew world..at night, it happened right here live on national TV. As for the WH and their media dept. (otherwise known as the MSM) trying to spin it...well HELLO! Of course they are. This gives the likes of you and I a golden opportunity...a teachable moment.

BTW Everyone is acting like this is a case of Islamic terror (myself included) it may very well be the case...probably is, But remember what happens when you assume. A guy called into Dennis Prager today pointing out it may very well be a case of some guys who is pissed off at the city of Boston.

As I keep reminding myself, we don't know anything....yet.

SrWoodchuck

I am of the opinion (freely given and worth almost that much) that way too many people on out side spend way too much time concerned about what the Community Organizer In Chief is going to do or not do, as concerns the Boston bombing. This case is not Benghazi, it did'nt happen half way around thew world..at night, it happened right here live on national TV. As for the WH and their media dept. (otherwise known as the MSM) trying to spin it...well HELLO! Of course they are. This gives the likes of you and I a golden opportunity...a teachable moment.

BTW Everyone is acting like this is a case of Islamic terror (myself included) it may very well be the case...probably is, But remember what happens when you assume. A guy called into Dennis Prager today pointing out it may very well be a case of some guys who is pissed off at the city of Boston.

As I keep reminding myself, we don't know anything....yet.

Unfortunately, the Commie Organizer-in-Chief....also happens to be Emperor Oblamer....with his own self-appointed turkeys in key positions of the government infrastructure....particularly JustUs...which will assume [yeah, I don't like that word either] the jurisdiction & issue the pressers & frame the narrative & eventually issue the indictments and then try the bastids in a well lubricated court of InJustUs....

....and all the while, the C-O-C, acting as Emperor of these Disjointed States of America....issues his own directives to obfuscate, confuse & delay [as needed] while the tick-tock of the clock continues & the low information voter is absorbed by the latest tragedy of some celebutard.

• Like 1