Video – a few moments with Sen. Mike Enzi

Valin

video-a-few-moments-with-sen-mike-enziHot Air:

Jazz Shaw

4/13/13

One of the areas which has been identified in recent lists of ways that the GOP can do a better job reaching out to younger, more engaged voters, is opening up through every possible avenue of communication to stay in touch with constituents. When it comes to “tech savvy” people in government, I’ll confess that the first name jumping to mind probably isn’t 69 year old Senator Mike Enzi of Wyoming. But he’s been putting together a series of videos where he reviews feedback from the citizens of his state which comes in through his Twitter and Facebook feeds. This week he had one that touches on a couple of important points which I wanted to share, not only for the content on these issues, but the way he seems to be relating to both supporters and detractors. It’s pretty impressive.

(Snip)

Enzi isn’t some sort of flashy firecracker member of the upper chamber who I expect to see lighting up the polls and creating buzz for a presidential run. But he is a plain spoken kind of guy who clearly stays in touch with the issues and the voices of those he serves. We could use a bit more of that in Washington and a lot less grandstanding if you ask me. At the very end, he sums up the philosophy of his office in three short sentences.