Beck: Gay Marriage Is About Freedom And "The Principle Of It Is Right"

EveningStar

EveningStar

:[/b][/url]

Glenn Beck says that proponents of marriage equality have won because they made the issue about freedom "and the principle of it is right."

And when the pastor of Glenn's Church gets taken into court for refusing to preform a same sex marriage?

Al & Ben or Cathy & Helen want to go to city hall or a justice of the peace, Iv'e got no problem with that...just don't call it marriage.

No, the Church does not regard ‘same-sex marriage’ and divorce as simply variations on the distressing theme of marriage woes

Edward Peters

4/11/13

In commenting on Catholics, holy Communion, and “gay marriage”, Michael Sean Winters is uncharacteristically mean-spirited in his remarks about me (I have, in fact, published many sound replies over the years to his complaints about how I explain canon law), but let’s keep this post on topic and go after the substance of just a few of Winters’ most recent misstatements in this area. Unraveling errors takes time, so bear with me.

Winters complains: “How many times do I have to point this out—the principal threat to our Catholic teaching about traditional marriage is not gay marriage. The principal threat is divorce. Gay men and women constitute maybe five percent of the population. Fifty percent of all marriages end in divorce.”

Well, okay, How many times do I have to point this out—the differences between “same-sex marriage” and “divorce” are categorical in nature not pragmatic and they turn on matters of principle not prudence. Let’s explain.

Re “same-sex marriage”.

(Snip)