How do you feel walking alone at night? A list of the scariest--and safest--cities By Andrew Malcolm

Geee

040813-650974-gallup-poll-citizens-rate-safest-cities-and-worst.htmInvestors Business Daily:

It's a good thing this column is available online, so that residents of Memphis, New Orleans and Riverside, California can learn how unsafe their city is without having to venture outside.

Those are the bottom three metropolitan areas where residents said they felt least safe walking alone at night in their neighborhood.

From the safety of their little work cubicles somewhere, the number gnomes over at the Gallup organization have been accumulating data on perceived human well-being as part of their polling calls on many subjects.

From that data they've drawn up a list of 50 major metropolitan areas and how safe residents there felt walking alone at night in 2012.Scissors-32x32.png

SrWoodchuck

I feel very safe out with my sled dog team at night.....we'll be going to the liquor store later tonight in the blizzard........

PDA+8+(2).jpg

• Like 2

@Geee

from commenter

In south Jackson, Mississippi, I asked a cop how far it was to a bus stop. "I don't know," he said. "Nobody has ever made it that far." South Jackson is so violent that when you go to church. the deacons will ask if you're carrying a gun. If you aren't, they will lend you one. That's what you call progressive violence.