A nation suckered

Valin

nation_suckered_rUgGcebJcyo7lS4DI1PoSNNY Post: MICHAEL A. WALSH

March 28, 2013

No doubt you were shocked, shocked to learn that Jeffrey Hillman, the “barefoot beggar” who famously received a free pair of boots from a kindly NYPD cop, turned out to be a scam artist who preys on the kindness of strangers to provide him with an apartment, money and plenty of footwear — as a Post investigation discovered.

That’s right — someone pretending to be in dire straits turns out to be 1.) not destitute, 2.) not homeless and 3.) not shoeless.

28.1o998.WALSH--300x300.jpg

Money man: ‘Shoeless’ scammer Jeffrey Hillman counts hundreds of bucks he snookered from good Samaritans.

But then, Hillman’s just a piker when it comes to the rising culture of sham dependency that is rapidly turning this country from a nation of self-reliant citizens to shuffling pseudo-mendicants and conniving criminals who have one hand extended to collect government largesse while the other is busily picking your pocket.

(Snip)

H/T Power Line Hillman’s homeless gig

300x300xStreet005635-300x3001.jpg.pagespeed.ic.5TIhj1wyw0.jpg

http://youtu.be/uOC8Fl-yo-k

H/T Shot In The Dark

O’REILLY: Did she ever discuss that with you? What was her attitude about getting the assistance from other people?

CAROLLA: Her attitude was, one day when I said to her from the mouth of babes, I just said: Mom, why don’t you just get a job and then we wouldn’t have to do all this. And she said, if I get a job, I’ll lose my welfare. And, she really should have just handed me a pack of cigarettes at that point, because it’s probably the worst thing you could do to a nine year old.

But I learned, at that point, that this is valuable. I don’t have the white privilege guilt that many other people in the media have. I understand what it’s like to be on the dole. And it doesn’t make these people any stronger. You hobble these people; you take away the one thing they have, which is dignity, and the ability to pull them out of this mire. And they can’t because you’ve atrophied their muscles by doing everything for them.

So here’s my question: in the unlikely event Lefties accept Carolla’s statement (as opposed to excoriating and symbolically excommunicating him from the lefty communion), will those same people apologize to Mary Franson, who said essentially exactly the same thing last year?

wallbash.gif

clearvision

@Valin, I fear a concussion for you as we move thru the next year of Government "cuts"(and the stories that will come out on how they hurt), Supreme Court rulings and O'care implementation.

@Valin, I fear a concussion for you as we move thru the next year of Government "cuts"(and the stories that will come out on how they hurt), Supreme Court rulings and O'care implementation.

Fortunately I have a very thick skull.