School Bans the Word ‘Easter’

Geee

school-bans-the-word-easter-n1549633Town Hall:

Boys and girls at an Alabama elementary school will still get to hunt for eggs – but they can’t call them ‘Easter Eggs’ because the principal banished the word for the sake of religious diversity.

“We had in the past a parent to question us about some of the things we do here at school,” said Heritage Elementary School principal Lydia Davenport. “So we’re just trying to make sure we respect and honor everybody’s differences.”

Television station WHNT reported that teachers were informed that no activities related to or centered around any religious holiday would be allowed – in the interest of religious diversity.

“Kids love the bunny and we just make sure we don’t say ‘the Easter Bunny’ so that we don’t infringe on the rights of others because people relate the Easter bunny to religion,” she told the television station. “A bunny is a bunny and a rabbit is a rabbit.”

Teachers had planned to have an Easter egg-themed quiz bowl where boys and girls would ring in with egg buzzers and search for answers hidden in Easter eggs.Scissors-32x32.png

pollyannaish

Tick...tick....tick......

The removal of Christianity from our daily lives continues.

I have been away from the news for weeks, and now I remember why. My country is disappearing. I'm sure there are those who will say that they are thrilled with the changes.

I'm becoming fairly comfortable living in my self-imposed oblivion.

• Like 1

Thank goodness at my granddaughters school they are calling it Easter and are out of school for Good Friday, this is a public school, too

• Like 1