‘We Record What Is to All Known’

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

we-record-what-is-to-all-knownThe Other McCain:

‘We Record What Is to All Known’

Posted on | March 26, 2013 |

Adam_Eve_Hendrick_Goltzius.JPG

The Fall of Man (or, Adam and Eve), Hendrick Goltzius, 1616 (detail)

“The true origin of marriage, venerable brothers, is well known to all. Though revilers of the Christian faith refuse to acknowledge the never-interrupted doctrine of the Church on this subject, and have long striven to destroy the testimony of all nations and of all times, they have nevertheless failed not only to quench the powerful light of truth, but even to lessen it. We record what is to all known, and cannot be doubted by any, that God, on the sixth day of creation, having made man from the slime of the earth, and having breathed into his face the breath of life, gave him a companion, whom He miraculously took from the side of Adam when he was locked in sleep. God thus, in His most far-reaching foresight, decreed that this husband and wife should Scissors-32x32.png

Draggingtree

Embrace the Light. It may not have the sort of cookies that the Dark Side has, but it does offer love, hope, direction, and salvation. Thank you Jesus.

Embrace the Light

Jim ONeill (Bio and Archives) Wednesday, March 27, 2013

“We are the Easter People and Hallelujah is our song!”—Pope John Paul II (1920-2005)

“Rejoice!”

Jesus’s first statement after His torture, crucifixion, and death.—Matthew 28:9 NKJV

“Rejoice in the Lord always: again I will say, Rejoice!”—Philippians 4:4

“Then God said, ‘Let there be light:’ and there was light.

And God saw the light, that it was good…” —Genesis 1:3, 4

“For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of Light.”—Ephesians 5:8

“This then is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is Light, and in Him is no darkness at all.”—1 John 1:5

“In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.

And the light shines in the darkness,and the darkness did not comprehend

it.” —John 1:4, 5 Scissors-32x32.png

My spiritual progress is often of the “three steps forward, two steps back” variety, but nevertheless it is progress—and that’s key. It is not a case of my being either a saint, or a sinner—I am both a saint and a sinner. And so it is with most of us. Scissors-32x32.png

http://canadafreepre...p/article/54080