Police arrest 2 teens in Ga. baby killing

Valin

police-arrest-2-teens-in-ga-baby-killing-n1547042AP/Townhall: 3/23/13

(Snip)

The Georgia mother was grieving from Thursday's shooting death of her 13-month-old son in his stroller during an attempted robbery while they took a morning stroll. In 2008, her 18-year-old son was stabbed in an altercation in New Jersey.

A pair of teenagers was arrested Friday in the most recent shooting. West had just been to the post office a few blocks from her apartment Thursday morning and was pushing her son, Antonio, in his stroller while they walked past gnarled oak trees and blooming azaleas in the coastal city of Brunswick.

West said a tall, skinny teenager, accompanied by a smaller boy, asked her for money.

"He asked me for money and I said I didn't have it," she told The Associated Press Friday from her apartment, which was scattered with her son's toys and movies.

"When you have a baby, you spend all your money on babies. They're expensive. And he kept asking and I just said 'I don't have it.' And he said, 'Do you want me to kill your baby?' And I said, 'No, don't kill my baby!'"

One of the teens fired four shots, grazing West's ear and striking her in the leg, before he walked around to the stroller and shot the baby in the face.

Seventeen-year-old De'Marquis Elkins is charged as an adult with first-degree murder, along with a 14-year-old who was not identified because he is a juvenile, Police Chief Tobe Green said. It wasn't immediately clear whether the boys had attorneys.

(Snip)

My father had a saying that applies..."Horse Whippin's To Good For Them."

Some people just need killing! angry.png

If only Lavelldo and Corneisha had been in the kitchen of De'Marquis and set him on broil about 15 years ago....

edited to add:

how about background checks for parents?

I bet they are not Ward and June Cleaver.

51db3a11f1.jpg

Something is wrong with the mother's story.

If someone asks for your money you would say I don't have any. If someone were to ask for the money you owe them you would say you 'don't have it'. Did she owe them money for something she purchased from them? Maybe something like crackers or grass?

And what kind of random crook get's up at 9AM? Don't they usually work at night?

If someone asks for your money you would say I don't have any. If someone were to ask for the money you owe them you would say you 'don't have it'. Did she owe them money for something she purchased from them? Maybe something like crackers or grass?

And what kind of random crook get's up at 9AM? Don't they usually work at night?

I thought her saying I don't have it sounded kind of strange too, I'd say I don't have any money, not I don't have it. Yeah 9 am is pretty early for jerks like that

I thought her saying I don't have it sounded kind of strange too, I'd say I don't have any money, not I don't have it. Yeah 9 am is pretty early for jerks like that

Regardless you don't kill babies.

Exactly. I was just pondering the circumstances.

righteousmomma

Horrible stories like this remind me that we have a generation out there ( and whose number is legion) that have no conscience.

Scary as hell. Be very afraid.

Exactly. I was just pondering the circumstances.

Understand. Thanks for pointing them out. Now....would not surprise me of drugs were involved somewhere along the line.

SAVANNAH, Ga. -- The mother and aunt of a teenage suspect in the fatal shooting of a baby in his stroller have been arrested on charges that they lied to authorities, police said Tuesday.

r-KARIMAH-KATRINA-ELKINS-large570.jpg?6

Does it look like they might do drugs?

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/26/karimah-elkins-katrina-antonio-santiago-baby-shooting-georgia_n_2957762.html