Ten Years Later: Iraq Invasion Still Right Decision

Geee

032213-649055-american-lack-of-seriousnes-evident-in-iraq.htmInvestors Business Daily:

Ten years ago, along with three-quarters of the American people, including the men just appointed as President Obama's secretaries of state and defense, I supported the invasion of Iraq. A decade on, unlike most of the American people, including John Kerry and Chuck Hagel, I'll stand by that original judgment.

None of us can say what would have happened had Saddam Hussein remained in power. He might now be engaged in a nuclear arms race with Iran. One or other of his even more psychotic sons, the late Uday or Qusay, could be in power. The Arab Spring might have come to Iraq, and surely even more bloodily than in Syria.

But these are speculations best left to the authors of "alternative histories." In the real world, how did things turn out?

Three weeks after Operation Shock and Awe began, the early-bird naysayers were already warning of massive humanitarian devastation and civil war. Neither happened.Scissors-32x32.png

I KNEW you'd like that article ;)

I just get real tired of the "Iraq was a huge terrible mistake" meme.

Actually I got tired of it a long time ago. But then I am a (proud) Neo-Con....and Patrick J. Buchanan and his ilk can (how shall I put this) kiss my rosy red rectum.

• Like 1