Pat Caddell sets off firestorm at CPAC 2013, accuses consultants of racketeering

Valin

pat-caddell-sets-off-firestorm-at-cpac-2013-accuses-consultants-of-racketeering-55715BizPac:

Tom Tillison

3/15/13

Fox News Contributor and former Democratic pollster Pat Caddell ripped into Republican consultants Thursday at the 2013 Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).

The man who engineered Jimmy Carter’s 1976 Presidential victory called the Romney campaign “the worst campaign in my lifetime” and criticized chief strategist Stuart Stevens.

(Snip)

Participating in a panel — “Should We Shoot All the Consultants Now?” — Caddell accused the GOP consulting class of being only “in the business of lining their pockets and preserving power.”

“When you have the Chief of Staff of the Republican National Committee and the political director of the Romney campaign, and their two companies get $150 million at the end of the campaign for the “fantastic” get-out-the-vote program… some of this borders on RICO [the 1970 Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act] violations,” Caddell told attendees.

“The Republican Party is in the grips of what I call the CLEC — the consultant, lobbyist, and establishment complex,” Caddell said.

H/T Breitbart

Thanks @Valin

Better Yet Valin you da man lightningbolt.gif

Sigh If only more people embraced this.

All I want is my way, and isn't that what we all want...me to be happy?

smile.png

Blog Snark and Bloodletting Won't Solve Our Problems

Adam Schaeffer

3/19/13

Jennifer Rubin responded to (over) heated accusations of rank corruption among Republican consultants by calling (a large, ill-defined bunch of) conservatives "self-absorbed, inane," "crabbing," "silly," "inane" (double inane I suppose) and "daft."

Is over-heated snarky blog-copy effective in countering over-heated CPAC speeches?

* Pat Caddell touched a nerve, with many in the base and obviously with Rubin as well. Caddell and others are right to be upset and suspicious, but Rubin is right that to tar all Republican consultants as criminals is both wrong and unhelpful. But surely she could have said so in a less gratuitously offensive and much more effective way.

From my piece in Politico today:

(Snip)

* The problem I have is it appears there have been no consequences for those consultants involved in the 2012 race.....and don't get me started in the election here in Mn..

There are people who need to be cast into the outer darkness.

• Like 2

Thanks @Valin

Better Yet Valin you da man lightningbolt.gif

Sigh If only more people embraced this.

All I want is my way, and isn't that what we all want...me to be happy?

smile.png

Of course!