Fundamentalist? Fine by Me

Valin

fullTownhall:

Mike Adams

3/4/13

Author's Note: The following is part two in a column series. Part one, Brown Shirts at ECU, can be found by clicking on my column archive.

Hi Mike. Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is also Mike, although that may be about the extent of our commonalities. But that is okay. Our strength in in our diversity! Indeed, I am writing to offer a diverse perspective on an email you sent to numerous subordinates using your East Carolina University email address. It follows in its entirety:

(Snip)

As a full professor and an associate dean, you should know that many of your subordinates look upon your "suggestions" as authoritative. You should also know that many of your subordinates disagree with the notion that the homosexual lifestyle is somehow morally neutral. Among those dissenters are, of course, fundamentalist Christians.

This may come as a surprise to you but research shows that homosexuals are not the most un-welcomed group on college campuses these days. The evidence suggests that fundamentalists are the ones who often bear the brunt of academic intolerance. Please allow me to back that claim with a little evidence.

(Snip)