What Liberals Want

Draggingtree

what-liberals-wantWizbang:

What Liberals Want

February 24, 2013 | Filed under Liberals | Posted by David Robertson

In a commentary for Townhall.com, John C. Goodman explains what he believes liberalism to be. Whether he is right or wrong, he does not say what the goal of liberalism is. So, I will.

Liberalism comes in two forms: social liberalism and fiscal liberalism.

In a nutshell, social liberalism is born out of the desire to do anything that one wants without experiencing any unwanted consequences as a result. Fiscal liberalism is born out of the desire to obtain anything that one wants without having to compete for it.

First, let’s examine fiscal liberalism. You may have noticed that some liberals have openly promoted the redistribution of wealth through government action, but why would they do so? Well, the answer is quite simple. If the government were to redistribute wealth, then some parties would receive wealth without having to compete for it.

Normally, people acquire wealth through honest means using a combination of skills, talents and physical labor Scissors-32x32.png

What Liberals Want – Part 2

February 25, 2013 | Filed under Liberals | Posted by David Robertson

How one responds to liberalism depends on the kind of liberalism that one is responding to. As I have said previously, liberalism comes in two forms: social liberalism and fiscal liberalism. Of the two, fiscal liberalism is easier to deal with, because even a social liberal can see the logic in insisting that able-bodied adults compete in a free market for the wealth that they want.

As stated before, social liberalism is born out of the desire to do anything that one wants without experiencing any unwanted consequences as a result. At times, dealing with social liberalism can be like navigating through a mine field. One misspoken word can easily be used against you.

An example of such a case is the 2012 controversy pertaining to Sandra Fluke, Scissors-32x32.png

So, what would be a tactful response to Fluke’s social liberalism? Well, here is what I would argue: Scissors-32x32.png

As a single adult, Ms. Fluke wants to participate in sexual intercourse without experiencing a natural consequence called pregnancy and without experiencing the consequence of having to pay full price for contraception.Scissors-32x32.png

http://wizbangblog.com/2013/02/24/what-liberals-want/