Buchanan: Why Are We Still On The DMZ?

Draggingtree

buchanan-why-are-we-still-on-the-dmzHuman Events:

By: Patrick J. Buchanan

2/15/2013 02:15 AM

North Korea has just pulled off an impressive dual feat — the successful test both of an intercontinental ballistic missile and an atom bomb in the 6-kiloton range.

Pyongyang’s ruler, 30-year-old Kim Jong Un, said the tests are aimed at the United States. So it would seem. One does not build an ICBM to hit Seoul, 30 miles away.

Experts believe North Korea is still far from having the capability to marry a nuclear warhead to a missile that could hit the West Coast. But this seems to be Kim’s goal.

Why is he obsessed with a nation half a world away?

America has never recognized his, his father’s or his grandfather’s regime. We have led the U.N. Security Council in imposing sanctions. We have 28,000 troops in the South and a defense treaty that will bring us into any war with the North from day one, and a U.S. general would assume overall command of U.S. and Republic of Korea troops. Scissors-32x32.png

my thoughts--

If I had not look at who authored this article, I would have said Ron Paul wub.png

buchanan-why-are-we-still-on-the-dmzHuman Events:

By: Patrick J. Buchanan

2/15/2013 02:15 AM

If I had not look at who authored this article, I would have said Ron Paul wub.png

That's because there's not much any difference between the two....and that's not a good thing. Both haven't got their minds around the fact it's not the 18th century any more.

• Like 1