Jesse Jackson Jr. charged with spending $750G of campaign funds on personal items

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

?test=latestnewsFox News:

Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. was charged in federal court Friday with conspiring to use campaign funds for personal use -- in an alleged $750,000 spending spree that included purchases of a gold-plated Rolex and pricey children's furniture.

It had been expected that a plea agreement would be entered into court Friday, but that agreement is apparently still pending.

Instead, federal prosecutors charged Jackson Friday with conspiracy. Prosecutors separately charged his wife Sandi with filing false federal tax returns, but according to her attorney she has reached a plea agreement.

In a statement, the former Illinois Democratic congressman said he offers "no excuses."

"Over the course of my life I have come to realize that none of us are immune from our share of shortcomings and human frailties," he said. "Still I offer no excuses for my conduct, and I fully accept my responsibility for the improper decisions and mistakes I have made."

He continued: "To that end I want to offer my sincerest apologies to my family, my friends and all of my supporters for my errors in judgment and while my journey is not yet complete, it is my hope that I am remembered for the things that I did right."

________

Which were...what, exactly?

"To that end I want to offer my sincerest apologies to my family, my friends and all of my supporters for my errors in judgment and while my journey is not yet complete, it is my hope that I am remembered for the things that I did right."

That could have been said by Osama Bin Laden, Charles Manson, or Joseph Goebbels. (just a typical DEM mumble-speak non-apology)

BTW, Jesse Junior could have "gone down" with Blogo if that case had broken a couple of days later. Kinda saved by the bell.

• Like 1

Lawyers: Jackson Jr., wife intend to plead guilty to charges

LBy Katherine SkibaTribune reporter

4:55 p.m. CST, February 15, 2013

Jesse Jackson Jr. and his wife Sandi intend to plead guilty to federal charges alleging the former congressman misused $750,000 in campaign funds while she understated their income on tax returns for six years, their lawyers say.

Jackson Jr., 47, a Democrat from Chicago, was charged in a criminal information today with one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud, mail fraud and false statements. He faces up to five years in prison, a fine of up to $250,000 and other penalties.

Sandi Jackson was charged with one count of filing false tax returns. She faces up to three years in prison, a fine of up to $100,000 and other penalties Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-jackson-charges-20130215,0,319725.story

I've got a question....What the Hell is wrong with these people?

crooks, crooks

But they keep voting the same stupid crooks in office!

This just boggles the mind.

crooks, crooks

I think u are not looking underneath the sheets and the mind set of some peoples to discover why,

“u owe me for the wrong u have done”

crooks, crooks

I think u are not looking underneath the sheets and the mind set of some peoples to discover why,

“u owe me for the wrong u have done”

But But They're not getting it!

Paul McKinley

• Like 1

crooks, crooks

"u owe me for the wrong u have done"

But But They're not getting it!

Paul McKinley

Did he run in the last election and lose? What a brave man.

I like it when people admit their shortcomings & accept responsibility.....regardless if it took months of hard nosed negotiations, and promises of low jail time & monetary penalties.

Plus, like Illinois politics & their prison system...."you're not nobody 'til you done time..."