Coffee Shop

Rheo

Just saw my first robbins of the year. Must be spring but only 44 degrees.

Robins. sand hill cranes, red wing black birds and bluebirds have all made an appearance. Hang in there - it's coming!!

First robins here yesterday and saw a bluebird on Sunday. And now there is a mourning dove pecking around under the bird feeders. Plus I noticed the gold crocuses blooming yesterday. The purple and white ones all seem to bloom separately. And this morning I noticed the daffodils have poked up a couple of inches. They'd better wait a bit. Temp is 29 and snow showers are forecast for this afternoon and tonight. But you're right, @Geee. It's coming!

This must all sound so strange to you, @cudjo, since your irises are already blooming.

First robins here yesterday and saw a bluebird on Sunday. And now there is a mourning dove pecking around under the bird feeders. Plus I noticed the gold crocuses blooming yesterday. The purple and white ones all seem to bloom separately. And this morning I noticed the daffodils have poked up a couple of inches. They'd better wait a bit. Temp is 29 and snow showers are forecast for this afternoon and tonight. But you're right, @Geee. It's coming!

This must all sound so strange to you, @cudjo, since your irises are already blooming.

The Earth is awakening.

So that we ( humans) are also resurrected. Jesus the Christ was the new Adam.

So that we ( humans) are also resurrected. Jesus the Christ was the new Adam.

Thanks, but my question was why his entire physical body?

Our physical bodies will also be resurrected.

The one we have now or can we pick a better time?

sorry, just my sorry humor. bag.gif

You never know what you're gonna find. One might almost suspect we are not the ones in charge....of course that's just crazy talk/

Hot Air: The historical case for the Resurrection

Ed Morrissey

4/2/13

It’s about a year and a half old and it’s also over 90 minutes, so you’d better prepare yourself for a very long scholarly presentation on why the historical record lends itself to conclude that Jesus returned from the dead as Christianity attests. It’s timely not only because of Easter, but tangentially because of the New York Times’ ignorance of it. Dr. William Lane Craig offered this presentation alone to a British audience during a sponsored tour. Craig teaches at Talbot School of Theology in my birthplace, La Mirada, California, and has written a number of books on the topic. He has also held a series of debates with a number of theologians and atheists, including the late Christopher Hitchens, but Richard Dawkins refused an invitation, accusing Craig of “self-promotion” … which for Dawkins is quite an accusation.

Also

There will be a test Fri. Speling WILL count. smile.png

After a few days of ac it was 36 when I got up this morning, but noticed some trees with pretty green leaves when I went to get the girls. Won't be much longer before it's time to mow the yard.

Went to the Motor Vehicles today. In and out in under four hours.

ohmy.png

Went to vote today. In and out in under 5 minutes. Especially wanted to show up because "they" are trying to oust a state supreme court judge who helped keep some of Walker's programs they were trying to over rule. Most of the other positions on the ballot I didn't even bother with because they were all running unopposed. Sad.

This seems to be bad news??

Matt Batzel@MattBatzel5m

Bad Bad Bad night so far for #wiunion w/ Roggensack cruising and Voiland leading big

Went to the Motor Vehicles today. In and out in under four hours.

ohmy.png

Went to vote today. In and out in under 5 minutes. Especially wanted to show up because "they" are trying to oust a state supreme court judge who helped keep some of Walker's programs they were trying to over rule. Most of the other positions on the ballot I didn't even bother with because they were all running unopposed. Sad.

This seems to be bad news??

Matt Batzel@MattBatzel5m

Bad Bad Bad night so far for #wiunion w/ Roggensack cruising and Voiland leading big

I voted for Roggensack and The Republican for State School Superintendent (he lost), but I was saying that it was sad that I had no choice in any of the local races because they were all unopposed. Seems no one wants to run for local offices any more.

Hume: "It Appears That The Laws Of Political Gravity Apply To Barack Obama"

BRIT HUME: There really was a sense after the election that he was sort of politically bulletproof and that the Republicans were in disarray and scattered and that he could have his way. It’s not turning out that way.

Look at this issue, which continues to cause him troubles; Obamacare. Look at gun control in particular, which he made a very high priority and now it looks as if it’s possible nothing will pass or almost nothing will pass, certainly nothing on the scale that he seemed to be talking about in the beginning.

Immigration reform is one where something may come out in the end, but that looks like an issue where he's basically been invited to kind of stay out of it and let Congress work its will. So, and of course the other factor in the second term, which is the world intrudes as the world will and has for so many presidents. North Korea being the most recent example. So, it appears that the laws of political gravity apply to Barack Obama after all.

Vid At Link

Matt Batzel@MattBatzel5m

I voted for Roggensack and The Republican for State School Superintendent (he lost), but I was saying that it was sad that I had no choice in any of the local races because they were all unopposed. Seems no one wants to run for local offices any more.

So what are you doing for the next 2 years? If you don't want to run (and I can't blame you) find some smart person and get them to run....then work to get them elected.

Now I need to apply that advise to myself!

BRIT HUME: There really was a sense after the election that he was sort of politically bulletproof and that the Republicans were in disarray and scattered and that he could have his way. It’s not turning out that way.

Look at this issue, which continues to cause him troubles; Obamacare. Look at gun control in particular, which he made a very high priority and now it looks as if it’s possible nothing will pass or almost nothing will pass, certainly nothing on the scale that he seemed to be talking about in the beginning.

Immigration reform is one where something may come out in the end, but that looks like an issue where he's basically been invited to kind of stay out of it and let Congress work its will. So, and of course the other factor in the second term, which is the world intrudes as the world will and has for so many presidents. North Korea being the most recent example. So, it appears that the laws of political gravity apply to Barack Obama after all.

Vid At Link

It was comforting to read this after my rising anxiety resulting from reading the Saul Alinsky article further down the list of posted articles.

Vid At Link

It was comforting to read this after my rising anxiety resulting from reading the Saul Alinsky article further down the list of posted articles.

It's real easy to get depressed, but then it always has been. Be a realistic optimist anyway.

Matt Batzel@MattBatzel5m

So what are you doing for the next 2 years? If you don't want to run (and I can't blame you) find some smart person and get them to run....then work to get them elected.

I would consider it if we weren't back and forth so many times during the year, I wouldn't feel that I could give any job full attention it needs.

This is just a brief anecdote of how the VA has treated me.

Because of years of smoking, my lungs are pretty much shot. Yesterday I emailed my gatekeeper/nurse at VA to renew my albuterol prescription. For perhaps valid reason it had been stopped. Anyway, I felt I needed it and asked for it to be renewed.

I checked my list of meds on their website later in the day and saw that it had in fact been renewed and I could refill it 11 times without having to ask.

Today I got a call from the VA to schedule an appointment with the pulmonary clinic. I no sooner hung up from that call when the nurses assistant called to tell me the script had been refilled and to make sure I had an appointment with the pulm. clinic.

This is just an example of the care and treatment I have received from the VA. Maybe I have just lucked out and got on a team that really cares and takes the job seriously, but.....

Whenever you hear someone disparaging the VA, please tell them that is not always the case and you know someone who gets excellent care by caring staff and employees.

• Like 3

clearvision

President Obama follows the lead of Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, giving up some salary because the sequester is forcing layoffs

President Obama plans to take a 5% salary cut in support of federal workers who are going to be furloughed, an official said Wednesday.

The decision comes a day after a similar move by Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel.Scissors-32x32.png

LINK

This is just a brief anecdote of how the VA has treated me.

Because of years of smoking, my lungs are pretty much shot. Yesterday I emailed my gatekeeper/nurse at VA to renew my albuterol prescription. For perhaps valid reason it had been stopped. Anyway, I felt I needed it and asked for it to be renewed.

I checked my list of meds on their website later in the day and saw that it had in fact been renewed and I could refill it 11 times without having to ask.

Today I got a call from the VA to schedule an appointment with the pulmonary clinic. I no sooner hung up from that call when the nurses assistant called to tell me the script had been refilled and to make sure I had an appointment with the pulm. clinic.

This is just an example of the care and treatment I have received from the VA. Maybe I have just lucked out and got on a team that really cares and takes the job seriously, but.....

Whenever you hear someone disparaging the VA, please tell them that is not always the case and you know someone who gets excellent care by caring staff and employees.

Glad you are getting good treatment from them, wish I could say the same for my son, they are still trying to dodge around the fact that he lost all hearing in his left ear and their own records show he had no hearing loss when he joined, as far as the pts syndrome he can forget that too until he agrees to take 3 or 4 psych meds which he is totally against, as long as he refuses psych meds he gets nothing. I don't want him taking those meds either, they are killers

Vid At Link

It's real easy to get depressed, but then it always has been. Be a realistic optimist anyway.

OK. I'm doing better than I was on Nov. 7, 2012.

Well that was a bad one. Like so many others, I really expected Romney to win. Hence the name calling finger pointing that that has been going on since.....Karl Rove is the anti-christ, the tea party is nothing but a bunch of idiots, the RNC is a den of den of iniquity.

the Theme song for this...debate

Matt Batzel@MattBatzel5m

I would consider it if we weren't back and forth so many times during the year, I wouldn't feel that I could give any job full attention it needs.

As I said I need to apply this to myself also.

One of the problems is we spend to much time worrying about the big offices and not enough on our local offices..school boards...zoning commissions, city councils..at least that is true for me. I gotta work on that!

• Like 2

Well that was a bad one. Like so many others, I really expected Romney to win. Hence the name calling finger pointing that that has been going on since.....Karl Rove is the anti-christ, the tea party is nothing but a bunch of idiots, the RNC is a den of den of iniquity.

the Theme song for this...debate

Good grief, that's a bad song! Who in the world ever told Bob Dylan he could sing? But it made me laugh. I'm sure lots of people spent money buying his albums. Were they still albums in those days?

Good grief, that's a bad song! Who in the world ever told Bob Dylan he could sing? But it made me laugh. I'm sure lots of people spent money buying his albums. Were they still albums in those days?

There is a story told about about Jimi Hendrix, He decided to start singing after hearing Bob Dylan sing in London.

clearvision

A BRITISH police force is now recording attacks on goths and punks as "hate crimes" similar to those suffered by people targeted because of their race, religion or sexual orientation.

Police in Manchester in northwest England, say the new policy allows them to better protect goths, easily identified by their black clothes and pale make-up, and members of other "alternative sub-cultures".

LINK

OK, but then you would think almost everyone falls into some sort of smaller grouping. TRR posters, baseball players, musicians....