Dorner morphing into an anti-hero?

Valin

dorner-morphing-into-an-anti-heroHot Air: Jazz Shaw

2/10/13

I have, at times, been accused of being somewhat naive when it comes to modern culture, both by family members and readers alike. Perhaps you’re all on to something there, because I certainly never saw this coming. As the search continues for alleged cop killer Christopher Dorner, there is an emerging theme – at least on the West Coast – that perhaps Dorner is some sort of Robin Hood, standing up for the little guy and taking it to the corrupt LA police force.

(Snip)

I can’t even conceive of this, but apparently these cheerleaders of mayhem have their reasons. When the local news station put out the question as to why anyone would support this crime spree, one respondent answered, “Because something needs to be done about the long known corruption of not only the LAPD, but several agencies.”

(Snip)

I understand that there are people out there with grievances against the LAPD, both in the community and among their own ranks. How much of the public perception – frequently fostered by the media, as in the Rodney King case – is real and how much of it is misdirected, manufactured outrage is up for debate. And perhaps Dorner had some sort of legitimate complaint about the circumstances surrounding his termination from work. But for anyone to lionize this maniac’s actions as some form of perverted justice speaks volumes about our society, and it’s not a pretty picture being painted.

Only Saint Paul has been able to "morph" from a manic murderer into a person celebrated & revered by all...especially us Gentiles! This Sundays reading:

1 Corinthians

Chapter 15 1 1 2 Now I am reminding you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you indeed received and in which you also stand. 2 Through it you are also being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. 3 3 For I handed on to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures; 4 that he was buried; that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures; 5 that he appeared to Cephas, then to the Twelve. 6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at once, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7 After that he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. 8 Last of all, as to one born abnormally, he appeared to me. 9 For I am the least 4 of the apostles, not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me has not been ineffective. Indeed, I have toiled harder than all of them; not I, however, but the grace of God (that is) with me. 11 Therefore, whether it be I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

Support for Dorner Is Troubling

Anyone who fails to condemn the killer is failing in his duty.

Dennis Prager

2/12/13

Just when you thought you’d seen it all with the Sandy Hook murders of a classroom full of children, America experienced another new low: A man named Christopher Dorner murdered three (as of this writing) innocent people in order to air personal grievances. And his grievances were given serious attention by the national media, not to mention by left-wing websites.

(Snip)

This has not been the case with Christopher Dorner. He is widely depicted as a man with legitimate grievances that caused him to “snap.” His “manifesto” is widely read and often praised, a Facebook page has been set up to defend him, and thousands of commentators on left-wing sites concentrate their fury on the Los Angeles Police Department, while portraying Dorner sympathetically.

It is important to remember that Dorner murdered a young woman and her fiancé simply because she was the daughter of a cop — the man who acted as Dorner’s defense advocate in the LAPD proceedings against him. But as one comment on a left-wing site noted, that was a good idea: If the cop had been murdered, he wouldn’t have suffered, but now that his daughter and her fiancé have been murdered, the cop will experience real pain until he dies.

(Snip)