Geraldo Rivera Says He is Considering a Senate Run in 2014

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

?test=latestnewsFox News:

Geraldo Rivera, the host of a Fox News show, said Thursday that he is "seriously contemplating running" for the U.S. Senate in his home state of New Jersey.

Rivera would be running for the seat that Sen. Frank Lautenberg, who is 89 and a Democrat, now occupies. Lautenberg is up for reelection in 2014 and has not confirmed whether he will run again.

Rivera said he would run as a Republican.

Newark Mayor Cory Booker, a Democrat, has made it known that he is considering running for the seat.

“I mention this only briefly, fasten your seatbelt,” Rivera said on his radio show. “I mentioned this only briefly to my wife ... but I am and I’ve been in touch with some people in the Republican Party in New Jersey. I am truly contemplating running for Senate against Frank Lautenberg or Cory Booker.”

Rivera said he hasn't worked out the details yet, but he's serious about mounting a campaign.

“I’m not going to drill this out, because obviously I’ve got commitments to Fox and to here at the radio program and I’m really having a great time,” added Rivera, 69. “But I figure at my age, if I'm going to do it I’ve got to do it. And there doesn’t seem to be any Republicans ready to work against or run against Cory Booker, the popular Newark mayor.”

________

He's got the neo-Nazi and transvestite hooker vote locked up...

The End is Nigh

Troy Senik

1/31/13

Yes, the guy who, when the rest of us were sorting through the ambiguities, thought the hoodie was the real villain in the Trayvon Martin case. The guy who felt no compunction about broadcasting the location of the 101st Airborne in the middle of the Iraq war. The guy we have to thank for the deinstitutionalization movement for the mentally ill (though let's concede that his original reporting was covering people in legitimately horrific circumstances).

If the Republican party gives Jerry any support they have ascended the Everest of Stupidity!

• Like 1

Maybe The Donald and Jerry Rivers could contact Jessie Ventura and go start their own country. For balance we'll send Al Frankin and Jerry Springer. And a bus load of chair wielding hookers. Should work.

• Like 1