Do Gun Control Laws Control Guns?

Geee

do-gun-control-laws-control-guAmerican Spectator:

The gun control controversy is only the latest of many issues to be debated almost solely in terms of fixed preconceptions, with little or no examination of hard facts.

Media discussions of gun control are dominated by two factors: the National Rifle Association and the Second Amendment. But the over-riding factual question is whether gun control laws actually reduce gun crimes in general or murder rates in particular.

If, as gun control advocates claim, gun control laws really do control guns and save lives, there is nothing to prevent repealing the Second Amendment, any more than there was anything to prevent repealing the Eighteenth Amendment that created Prohibition.

But, if the hard facts show that gun control laws do not actually control guns, but instead lead to more armed robberies and higher murder rates after law-abiding citizens are disarmed, then gun control laws would be a bad idea, even if there were no Second Amendment and no National Rifle Association.

The central issue boils down to the question: What are the facts? Yet there are many zealots who seem utterly unconcerned about facts or about their own lack of knowledge of facts.Scissors-32x32.png

The central issue boils down to the question: What are the facts? Yet there are many zealots who seem utterly unconcerned about facts or about their own lack of knowledge of facts.

Yes. Take the Newton killings. It was reported that the perp used an AR15 "assault weapon" but NBC has changed the "facts" of what weapons were used. It is now reported that 4 handguns were found, and that the only "long" gun brought to the school was found in the trunk. That weapon was cleared by the police & from the tape, it appears to be a semi-automatic shotgun, possibly a type known as a Saiga....and when cleared, only one shell was ejected. None the less, it is still the "assault weapon" AR15 style weapons that are being touted for confiscation.

NBC Admitted: No ‘Assault Rifle’ Used in Newton Shooting

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/50208495#50208495

See this hand here? Don't look at my other hand....look at this one...now follow the way my hand moves & look....a chicken!

The central issue boils down to the question: What are the facts? Yet there are many zealots who seem utterly unconcerned about facts or about their own lack of knowledge of facts.

Yes. Take the Newton killings. It was reported that the perp used an AR15 "assault weapon" but NBC has changed the "facts" of what weapons were used. It is now reported that 4 handguns were found, and that the only "long" gun brought to the school was found in the trunk. That weapon was cleared by the police & from the tape, it appears to be a semi-automatic shotgun, possibly a type known as a Saiga....and when cleared, only one shell was ejected. None the less, it is still the "assault weapon" AR15 style weapons that are being touted for confiscation.

NBC Admitted: No ‘Assault Rifle’ Used in Newton Shooting

http://video.today.m...208495#50208495

See this hand here? Don't look at my other hand....look at this one...now follow the way my hand moves & look....a chicken!

Found this comment on an article about gun control on Town Hall:

"Why is it that none of the disturbed and evil men, who steal guns, then go and kill movie-goers and children in school, has ever been identified as a conservative NRA member?

Ft Hood~~~ Registered Democrat ~ Muslim

Columbine ~~~ Too young to vote; both families were registered Democrats and progressive liberals

Virginia Tech ~~~ Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff ~ Registered Democrat

Colorado Theater ~~~ Registered Democrat; staff worker on the Obama campaign; Occupy Wall Street participant; progressive liberal

Connecticut School Shooter- ~~~ Registered Democrat; hated Christians

Common thread is that all of these shooters were progressive liberal Democrats.

Maybe Democrats shouldn't be allowed to have guns at all.

http://townhall.com/video/americans-mostly-ignorant-of-gun-laws-already-on-the-books

• Like 2

"Do Gun Control Laws Control Guns?"

Gun Control Laws used to control guns only for those legally in possession of them. If OButtme has his way with Gun Control, it will make all legal gun owners criminals.angry.png

It was a sad day not too long ago that I lost all of my guns in a tragic canoeing accident on the Mississippi River. dry.png

• Like 3

@Clearvison thank you for the welcome!cool.png Don't know why I haven't joined up before now but I am glad to be here. wink.png I post as MadJack or MadAsHell Jack everywhere I go, because censored.gif I am MAD! biggrin.png

And I was sent over here by my buddy Reiuxcat!

• Like 1

Veteran stands up for 2nd amendment rights at Chicago anti-gun forum

Legal Insurrection’s Anne Sorock captures a veteran who stands up to these anti-gun nuts in Chicago and makes a fantastic point. He asks them if the discussion was about the first amendment instead of the second amendment, would they still be asking if we need them today (as opposed to 1776).

BAM! He nailed it right there. That was the perfect argument against the folly of gun-control.

Watch:

I would also (proudly) add this guy is/was a Air Force Security Policeman! Oink Oink!

@Clearvison thank you for the welcome!cool.png Don't know why I haven't joined up before now but I am glad to be here. wink.png I post as MadJack or MadAsHell Jack everywhere I go, because censored.gif I am MAD! biggrin.png

And I was sent over here by my buddy Reiuxcat!

Welcome Jack - don't get mad - get evenwink.png

BITTER CLINGER ALERT!

Democrats in Senate Confront Doubts at Home on Gun Laws

JEREMY W. PETERS

January 23, 2013

BECKLEY, W.Va. — Talk of stricter gun control has stirred up a lot of unease here, a place where hunters vie for top prize (a 26-inch LED television) in the Big Buck Photo Contest, and ads for a gun-simulator game ask, “Feel like shooting something today?”

But before Senator Joe Manchin III invited a group of 15 businessmen and community leaders to lunch last week to discuss the topic, he had only a vague idea of how anxious many of his supporters were.

(Snip)

If there is a path to new gun laws, it has to come through West Virginia and a dozen other states with Democratic senators like Mr. Manchin who are confronting galvanized constituencies that view any effort to tighten gun laws as an infringement.

(Snip)

H/T Hot Air