GOP Chair Priebus challenged by RNC Committeeman from Maine

Draggingtree

xino.php?embed=1&STWAccessKeyId=0d03aa37b38aae7&stwsize=lg&stwUrl=rightmarch.comrightmarch.com:

GOP Chair Priebus challenged by RNC Committeeman from Maine

RightMarchJanuary 7, 2013

Greene Blade at StepDownNow reports:

When approached a few days ago by Bryan Daugherty of Bangor, Maine who is closely tied to the Republican grassroots and social media teams, such as the team who built www.stepdownnow.com this past week, I had a hard time believing that not one candidate had yet stepped forward to challenge the current RNC Chairman. However, upon further research, I discovered that it was in fact true – no other candidate had stepped up or emerged at this time.

Let me begin by saying that I am honored to find my name on the short list as a potential candidate next to two great statesmen, Congressman Ron Paul and Senator Jim DeMint. As we all know, these two men have fought the good fight for years on Capitol Hill – lower taxes, less spending, and an overall decentralized Federal Government that would actually abide by the Constitution. Sadly, they seem to be two outgoing voices in the wilderness of an out of control Federal Government with few replacements on the horizon. Men perhaps of a different age – principled leaders are hard to come by these days.

Therefore, after much deliberation and discussion with my wife Violet, I let Bryan know that due to the fact that no one has stepped up to the plate, I would in fact run for Chairman of the RNC, provided I would receive, in writing, the support of at least 2 RNC members in 3 states (minimum of 6 persons) in order to satisfy the RNC nomination requirements. The election takes place on Friday, January 25th, 2013 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Scissors-32x32.png

When Priebus took over from Michael Steele the RNC funds had been so mismanaged that they were millions in the red. He brought it back in to the black by quite a bit. I think funds is the primary function of the RNC and on that he did a good job. As far as the election results ??

When Priebus took over from Michael Steele the RNC funds had been so mismanaged that they were millions in the red. He brought it back in to the black by quite a bit. I think funds is the primary function of the RNC and on that he did a good job. As far as the election results ??

Agree. What this is IMO is an (well deserved) attack on the party establishment. Still waiting to see who loses their job over this last (horrible) election.

• Like 1