Neo-Conning Us Again

Draggingtree

neo-conning-us-againAmerican Spectator:

Neo-Conning Us Again

By Jed Babbin on 1.10.13 @ 6:10AM

In Afghanistan, we cannot recommit ourselves to a“counterinsurgency” strategy that has already failed.

President Obama and Afghan President Hamid Karzai will meet later this week to discuss the terms of American withdrawal from the twelve-year long war in Afghanistan. Obama is moving forward with his scheduled removal of U.S. forces from Afghanistan by the end of 2014.

The American commander in Afghanistan, Gen. John Allen, reportedly wanted to keep the more than 60,000 U..S troops in country through this year’s fighting season. Nevertheless, the White House is going ahead with a withdrawal schedule that will reduce the force this summer and to leave only about 25,000-30,000 troops there by spring of next year, and as few as 3,000-4,000 by the end of next year.

That’s too much and too fast for the neocons. They who devised the “nation-building” strategy — and its military implementation,“counterinsurgency” — are rebelling against the idea.

In a Wednesday Wall Street Journal piece, two top neocons — Frederick and Kimberly Kagan — argue Scissors-32x32.png

I say bring all American's out now / should have left after the killing of OBL flagday.gif

I say bring all American's out now / should have left after the killing of OBL flagday.gif

Two words come to mind about this incredibly stupid idea...Care to guess what they are?

BTW Last year I looked up how long it takes to fly from Kabul to Knoxville...14 hours. Just something to think about.

Two words come to mind about this incredibly stupid idea...Care to guess what they are?

BTW Last year I looked up how long it takes to fly from Kabul to Knoxville...14 hours. Just something to think about.

Ok I'll bite just how long would you keep troops in that Godless country ? and for what ?

Short wars for the purpose of removing an obvious threat seem to me a very good idea. Invading and then staying around for a decade is a very bad one.

The American Way of War

- Alan Caruba (Bio and Archives) Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The U.S. military has been in Afghanistan since shortly after September 11, 2001. That’s eleven years and it is longer than the time spent in Vietnam, though with less casualties. We invaded Iraq twice, once to drive Saddam Hussein out of Kuwait after he invaded in 1990 and then, in 2003 to depose him in the hope of bringing “democracy” to that nation. After the 2005 elections, Iraq was eager to see us leave, but many observers say it is as wracked with violence today as it was during our occupation.

The American way of war is not working and has not been working since the 1970s.

Armies are not intended to be “nation building” forces. Their job is to kill the enemy and break things until a threat to our national security is ended. We did that during World War II, fighting it in two theatres, Europe and Asia. We won because we inflicted an enormous amount of damage in both theatres of war in just four year’s time.

Empires have invaded Afghanistan for centuries and usually left bloodied and battered, Scissors-32x32.png

The rules of engagement there are a threat to the lives of every American soldier. Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/the-american-way-of-war

Ok I'll bite just how long would you keep troops in that Godless country ? and for what ?

How long does it take?

Point being We've done this before when the Soviets left...how did that work out?

We leave...Then What? And Then What Happens...is a question you must always ask yourself.

Hoekstra: Obama’s Afghan Drawdown Opens Door to Taliban, Al-Qaida

Saturday, 12 Jan 2013 11:29 AM

By Todd Beamon and Kathleen Walter

President Barack Obama’s decision on Friday to speed up the drawdown of U.S. troops in Afghanistan “reopens the possibility of the Taliban to emerge as a major player,” former Michigan Congressman Pete Hoekstra tells Newsmax.

“It is a signal to the Afghan people — he signaled to the Taliban, and he signaled to the American people — that the U.S. role, the U.S. mission in Afghanistan, is done,” Hoekstra, the former GOP chairman of the powerful House Intelligence Committee, tells Newsmax TV in an exclusive interview. “It may not be completed, but it is finished.

“The US will no longer be there primarily to defeat the Taliban and to maintain security in Afghanistan,” he added.

Watch our exclusive interview. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Hoekstra-Obama-drawdown-Taliban/2013/01/12/id/471117