Gen. Vallely: Kerry, Hagel Reflect Obama Administration’s Global ‘Naïveté’

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

470581?promo_code=1031D-1&utm_source=www.powerlineblog.com&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1Newsmax:

Gen. Vallely: Kerry, Hagel Reflect Obama Administration’s Global ‘Naïveté’

Tuesday, 08 Jan 2013 08:01 PM

By Todd Beamon and Kathleen Walter

Neither John Kerry nor Chuck Hagel is qualified for the Cabinet positions they have been nominated to by President Barack Obama, retired Army Gen. Paul Vallely tells Newsmax TV in an exclusive interview.

“Both of them, when you listen to their statements and how they view the world, they’re part of the naïveté of the Obama administration,” Vallely, who served in the Vietnam War, tells Newsmax. “We need people who are operators that have been out in the field, who understand what’s going on — and are put in a position where they influence not only policy, but how we use our armed forces.”Scissors-32x32.png

Noxious Nominations: The Four Horsemen of the American Foreign Policy Apocalypse

9Jan Barry Rubin:

I did a lot of soul-searching before writing my latest article, “After the Fall: What Do You Do When You Conclude America is (Temporarily or Permanently) Kaput?” Of course, I believed every word of it and have done so for a while. But would it depress readers too much? Would it just be too grim?

Maybe U.S. policy will just muddle through the next four years and beyond without any disasters Scissors-32x32.png

Perhaps that is true. Yet within hours after its publication I concluded that I hadn’t been too pessimistic. The cause of that reaction is the breaking story that not only will Senator John Kerry be the new secretary of state; that not only will the equally reprehensible former Senator Chuck Hagel be secretary of defense; but that John Brennan, the president’s counterterrorism advisor, will become CIA chief. Scissors-32x32.png

This trio in power — which along with Obama himself could be called the four horseman of the Apocalypse for U.S. foreign policy Scissors-32x32.png

http://floppingaces.net/most_wanted/noxious-nominations-the-four-horsemen-of-the-american-foreign-policy-apocalypse/