Social Security and Medicare are Contributory Programs Not Entitlements

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

social-security-and-medicare-are-contributory-programs-not-entitlementsRedState:

Social Security and Medicare are Contributory Programs Not Entitlements

By:
(
) | January 4th, 2013 at 03:28 PM

We are all angry about this week’s events and the performance of our Republican leadership. They did nothing to further conservatism or enhance the Republican Party’s image with the general public which is important for maintaining control of the House in 2014. However I do have a cause which I think can help America and conservatism.Let me start with a story.

While in college the IRS figuratively put a gun to my head and forced me enroll in and begin contributing to a pension plan and also a prepaid health insurance program. The programs are Social Security and Medicare. While they didn’t really put a gun to my head at the time, had I found a way to not pay these taxes then eventually federal agents would have showed up at my door with guns to take me to jail; if I resisted then the guns would have come out. My employer’s also paid in an equivalent amount which might have went to me in salary. Over the years I just considered the FICA taxes as simply tax and didn’t think much about them. I always expected to get something from my payments in the future but I never even took the time to look into what I might receive. Now I am much closer to the time when I might get something from all the money I and my employers have paid in. I want these benefits or my money back.These are not truly entitlement programs for most of us, they are forced contributory programs. We contributors to these programs are not entitled to benefits because we paid for these future promised benefits.Its simply a financial transaction. Saying I am entitled to Social Security and Medicare insults me and it should insult you too. We involuntarily contributed and now we deserve the promised payment. Scissors-32x32.png