Peter King: Halt donations to House GOP

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

issa-sandy-bill-was-a-pork-fest-85668.html?ml=po_rPolitico:

New York Republican Rep. Peter King went to war with his Republican colleagues on Wednesday after leaders spiked a Hurricane Sandy relief bill, calling on New Yorkers to stop all donations to GOP House members.

“These Republicans have no problem finding New York when they’re out raising millions of dollars,” King said on Fox News. “They’re in New York all the time filling their pockets with money from New Yorkers. I’m saying right now, anyone from New York or New Jersey who contributes one penny to Congressional Republicans is out of their minds. Because what they did last night was put a knife in the back of New Yorkers and New Jerseyans. It was an absolute disgrace.”

King also said he was ready to buck Republican leaders on every issue until the Sandy aid is approved.

“As far as I’m concerned, I’m on my own,” King said. “They’re going to have to go a long way to get my vote on anything.”

(Also on POLITICO: House pulls plug on Sandy aid bill)

In an interview with POLITICO, King placed the blame squarely on the shoulders of House Speaker John Boehner.

“Throughout this whole deal Cantor was totally straight with us,” King said, blaming Boehner.

He’s is not the only Republican upset about the issue: New Jersey Gov. Christie “is not a happy guy right now,” King said, saying he’s spoken to Christie last night and this morning and Cuomo repeatedly.

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Wednesday that the House will vote in two phases to provide billions in relief to Hurricane Sandy victims. On Friday it will vote on a measure “to direct resources to the National Flood Insurance Program;” then on Jan. 15 it will take up “the remaining supplemental request” for Sandy victims.

“We cannot be taken for granted anymore,” King said, calling this the “first time in recent memory that you have a natural disaster and Congress 90 days later has done nothing. Every dollar was accounted for.”

________

More ranting from the sidelines.