It is Time for Some Honesty.

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

it-is-time-for-some-honestyRedState:

It is Time for Some Honesty.

Spending Will Never Go Down. Pass It On.

By: Thomas Crown (Diary) | January 2nd, 2013 at 11:18 AM

RESIZE: AAA

In a turn of events that should be a surprise only if you’ve never heard of Mitch McConnell before, the Senate — with one heck of a lot of Senate Republicans, including nominal conservatives, agreeing — just decided to hike taxes on small businesses and skip any spending cuts of any kind, and over a third of the Republican caucus including the Speaker agreed. Indeed, if the CBO is to be believed, the party managed a feat of foot-shooting of which even most Republicans never dare dream, and managed to increase spending instead.

My friend and colleague Dan McLaughlin was calling for a roughly similar bill to be passed under very different circumstances for a host of very good reasons, my friend and colleague Ben Domenech a similar bill for different reasons. (Domenech has since described it as an insult to fig leaves.) My friend and colleague Erick Erickson called for a complete rejection of the bill for yet different reasons and is now calling for a complete house-cleaning of the party.

I respect — indeed, I can swear before the Almighty that I greatly admire — these men greatly and think the world of their opinions in basically every field of human endeavor, politics certainly included. I leave it to the discerning reader, historian, or alternate history buff to decode who is right and who is wrong. I think, however, that there is a critical point that needs to be emphasized here that is generally lost in the shuffle. Well, a few points, really.

No One Wants to Cut Spending

This is sort of hard to say, but I’ve been saying it for Scissors-32x32.png

Draggingtree

January 2, 2013

The Real Country-Killer in 2013

By Jonathon Moseley

Never mind the "fiscal cliff." America went bankrupt, technically, at midnight on December 31, 2012. We hit the debt ceiling of $16.394 trillion. Yet the U.S. government needs to borrow more money than is legally allowed. So Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner is now juggling federal accounts via questionable extraordinary measures to squeeze out perhaps two more months. Uncle Sam has maxed out his credit cards.

More than ever before, America now faces national ruin unless political leaders cut federal spending. However, Washington no longer understands what budget cuts are.

Simply trim a few percent from every program -- here a little, there a little. Isn't that obvious? Yet big spenders howl as if entire programs must be completely eliminated -- all or nothing. People will be cut off and starving in the streets if the federal spending spree is slowed. Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.americanthinker.com/2013/01/the_real_country-killer_in_2013.html