Looking on the Bright Side

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

looking-on-the-bright-sideNice Deb:

Looking on the Bright Side

January, 2, 2013 — nicedeb

If you’re looking for some venting on how badly the Republicans allowed themselves to be played on this ridiculous s^#@ sandwich Congress just served America, go elsewhere. Yes, we have some entrenched establishment types who have thrown in the towel. These Republicans need to be retired and replaced with younger conservatives who have not given up on taming the government Leviathan, can think strategically, are good at PR, and are willing to take some bold steps to cut spending. My husband got an earful, Tuesday, but as a longtime practitioner of Reagan’s Eleventh Commandment, I won’t do it, here. That is exactly what the Marxist in Chief and his simpering minions in the media want, as you know – Obama wanted to “fracture” the Republican party. Why give it to them? I respect our members of Congress too much – including the ones who inexplicably voted for the shitburger – yes, even John Boehner himself. These are not bad guys – they were dealing with a tough, no win situation. Even fiscal- hawk, Paul Ryan voted for this mess. That should tell you how difficult this deal was.

Ramesh Ponnuru explained at The Corner, why House Republicans couldn’t amend the deal: Scissors-32x32.png