Draggingtree

Draggingtree

dance_of_dunces_t4oNSHSIEBGFkLVXtfTqvIThe New York Post:

Dance of dunces

By JOHN CRUDELE

Last Updated: 3:19 AM, January 1, 2013

Posted: 11:11 PM, December 31, 2012

John Crudele

How many politicians does it take to screw up an economy?

One.

No, two.

Wait, let me think about this some more — how about 535, as in 435 House member plus 100 Senators.

Hold on, I forgot to include President Obama. Can you give me a couple more weeks to answer?

What is happening in Washington right now is a joke — and a badly constructed one at that. Obama proved that yesterday afternoon by going in front of reporters at a White House press conference — all smiley and flip — despite the fact that serious negotiations were supposed to be going about the financial fate of our country.

Just back from their ill-deserved Christmas break, our leaders spent yesterday trying to cobble together a last minute, half-assed compromise that’ll keep full-blown tax increases and spending cuts from going into immediate effect.

The agreement, as it was being reported as I’m writing, won’t address any cuts in expenditures, but it will increase taxes on enough people — those married folks with incomes supposedly more than $450,000 a year, for instance — to allow our leaders to say they did something without really doing anything. Scissors-32x32.png

WestVirginiaRebel

dance_of_dunces_t4oNSHSIEBGFkLVXtfTqvINY Post:

How many politicians does it take to screw up an economy?

One.

No, two.

Wait, let me think about this some more — how about 535, as in 435 House member plus 100 Senators.

Hold on, I forgot to include President Obama. Can you give me a couple more weeks to answer?

What is happening in Washington right now is a joke — and a badly constructed one at that. Obama proved that yesterday afternoon by going in front of reporters at a White House press conference — all smiley and flip — despite the fact that serious negotiations were supposed to be going about the financial fate of our country.

Just back from their ill-deserved Christmas break, our leaders spent yesterday trying to cobble together a last minute, half-assed compromise that’ll keep full-blown tax increases and spending cuts from going into immediate effect.

The agreement, as it was being reported as I’m writing, won’t address any cuts in expenditures, but it will increase taxes on enough people — those married folks with incomes supposedly more than $450,000 a year, for instance — to allow our leaders to say they did something without really doing anything.

Oops. It turns out as of last night that they really did do nothing. The hard work will be left to the new Congress — which also will eventually decide to do nothing about our financial problems.

________

Our government not at work...