Obama makes passing gun control measures a priority for 2013

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

obama-makes-passing-gun-control-measures-top-2013-priorityFox News:

President Obama pledged Sunday to make gun control a top priority in his second term and vowed to put his “full weight” behind such legislation.

“I’d like to get it done in the first year,” the president said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “This is not something that I will be putting off.”

Democratic lawmakers and some Republicans have called for immediate action in the aftermath of the Dec. 14 shootings in which 20 first-graders were killed inside a Connecticut elementary school.

Obama said Sunday he would not prejudge recommendations. But he said he was skeptical about the only answer being to put armed guards in schools, as the National Rifle Association has suggested.

The president instead vowed to rally Americans around an agenda to limit gun violence, adding he still supports increased background checks and bans on assault weapons and high-capacity bullet magazines.

"I think there are a vast majority of responsible gun owners out there who recognize that we can't have a situation in which somebody with severe psychological problems is able to get the kind of high capacity weapons that this individual in Newtown obtained and gun down our kids," he said, in the interview taped Saturday. "And, yes, it's going to be hard."

________

Obama's New Year's resolution.

I'm "all-in" for gun control! Working on your grip....your stance....and putting that lead pea into the 10 ring, makes sense to me. Go for it, OBimbo.

• Like 3

Can't wait for the response when the Government demands ammunition be turned in....

I'm ready to do my part & turn it in........one round at a time. [Easier to count that way]

Can't wait for the response when the Government demands ammunition be turned in....

I'm ready to do my part & turn it in........one round at a time. [Easier to count that way]

The American Revolution against British Gun Control

David B. Kopel

This Article reviews the British gun control program that precipitated the American Revolution: the 1774 import ban on firearms and gunpowder; the 1774-75 confiscations of firearms and gunpowder; and the use of violence to effectuate the confiscations. It was these events that changed a situation of political tension into a shooting war. Each of these British abuses provides insights into the scope of the modern Second Amendment.

Furious at the December 1773 Boston Tea Party, Parliament in 1774 passed the Coercive Acts. The particular provisions of the Coercive Acts were offensive to Americans, but it was the possibility that the British might deploy the army to enforce them that primed many colonists for armed resistance. The Patriots of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, resolved: “That in the event of Great Britain attempting to force unjust laws upon us by the strength of arms, our cause we leave to heaven and our rifles.” A South Carolina newspaper essay, reprinted in Virginia, urged that any law that had to be enforced by the military was necessarily illegitimate.

The Royal Governor of Massachusetts, General Thomas Gage, had forbidden town meetings from taking place more than once a year. When he dispatched the Redcoats to break up an illegal town meeting in Salem, 3000 armed Americans appeared in response, and the British retreated. Gage’s aide John Andrews explained that everyone in the area aged 16 years or older owned a gun and Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://floppingaces.net/most_wanted/the-american-revolution-against-british-gun-control/

Kaul: Nation needs a new agenda on guns

Donald Kaul

Donald Kaul suffered a heart attack back in July and discontinued writing his weekly column for the opinion website OtherWords.org. Depending upon how you count, that was Kaul’s second or third retirement. Today, Kaul announces that he’s ba-a-a-ck. This time, he’s only promising to write when events move him and not to be pinned down by a weekly column. — Opinion Editor

I’m glad I retired five months ago.

(snip)

Must have affected his thinking. thinking.gif of course this assumes he was capable of actual rational thought...which based of this I would say is...doubtful