Two Christmas Gifts: Hope and Love

Geee

two_christmas_gifts_hope_and_love.htmlAmerican Thinker:

This is not the most joyful of Christmases. The tragedy of the Newtown massacre is fresh on our minds. The crumbling of the Administration's misbegotten Middle East and North African policies grows increasingly obvious and presents nothing but frightening scenarios. The country's dive off the fiscal cliff occasioned by decades of growing entitlements and fiscal profligacy looms ever nearer.

But the power of hope and love is stronger than all that. Two videos circulating the past two weeks online reinforce my faith in people and I share these gifts with you for Christmas in the hope that these examples renew and strengthen your belief in a better future.

Rochester, New York: Jason McElwain

The story that brought Jason fame is now several years old but it started recirculating this week, I think because right now we need this reminder of grace and love and hope.

Jason McElwain is autistic. For years he, an avid basketball enthusiast, was manager of his high school's team. In the very last game of the 2008 season, the coach, Jim Johnson, had Jason suit up and with four minutes left to go in the game signaled him to play.Scissors-32x32.png