The British History Podcast

Valin

The British History Podcast

What Is This Podcast?

The British History Podcast is a chronological telling of the story of Britain. I started in the Ice Age, and I’ve been steadily moving forward ever since. The focus of this podcast is upon the human drama that is played out in history. Rather than providing a dry recount of dates and names, I am doing my best to provide a three dimensional image of what these people, places, and events were like. The people I’m speaking about were real flesh and blood individuals with dreams, fears, and flaws. And where the information is available, I intend to highlight those aspects for you.

(Snip)

1 – The British History Podcast Launches!

Posted by Jamie on May 28, 2011

Today I’m posting my first Podcast! This is something that I’ve been thinking about doing for some time, and I’m excited to finally share my thoughts on British history with the pocasting community. The podcasts are going to be organized in chronological order and I’m going to try to be as thorough as possible, while still focusing on the human drama that drove the events.

You’ll notice that, when you listen to the podcasts, I’m trying to keep to a conversational tone. Basically, I’m not working from a script, which I felt resulted in a wooden delivery, and instead I’m working loosely off of notes. I hope that this format results in a more engaging and personable style.